Ceado E6P v2 - How you guys liking it? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
noucla81

#11: Post by noucla81 »

Are you single dosing? I initially tried single dosing but found as the burrs got to the last 3 to 4 grams, the volume coming from the spout started to decrease significantly, as if the lack of weight on top of the beans was hindering completion of the grinding process. As a result I had to fill some additional coffee beans to get an 18 g dose.
Definitely interested in the answers to these questions as well! :)

allemania

#12: Post by allemania »

For those interested in single dosing, I'd say the Ceado E6P V2 is a good candidate. Once the voids in the grinder were filled, which probably took 4 or 5 doses, I have been single dosing 19 grams into the hopper. I then purge @ 1 gram and then dose 18 grams in to a small container (I've programmed the double button to grind around 17 grams and then finish the final gram with a few simultaneous pushes of the single and double buttons). I've been using this method for a few weeks now and it's very consistent.

On a side note, I usually peek down into the hopper before adding beans and if I see a few more left over beans than usual, I'll fill the hopper with 18.5 grams. It's just one of those things you get a feel for.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the performance of this grinder. The grounds always exit the chute very smoothly with no clumping. Initially I was concerned with potentially high ground retention but that has not been the case.