Toronto West End - where can I try proper espresso?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
M4rtin

#1: Post by M4rtin »

Thought that maybe it's a good idea for me to try how a proper espresso should taste, since I'm miles away from setting my new machine, and everything I make comes out wrong :)
Anyone here can recommend something local, I'm in Milton, so Mississauga/Brampton/Oakville would be perfect.
The only time I tried espresso, was whenever I worked at someones home that was Italian, they would always give you espresso :)

canuckcoffeeguy

#2: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Hi Martin, outside of Toronto, I can recommend Tamp Coffee Co. in Burlington. They have two shops in the downtown core. One shop has a Synesso and the other a Modbar. They do pourovers and Chemex, as well.

I live in Burlington but work in Toronto. So I mostly get to shops in Toronto. And in Burlington, Tamp is the only place I'll go for espresso other than my house! Tamp's espresso blend is roasted by Social Coffee and Tea Co and it's good. I buy it for home sometimes.
https://www.instagram.com/tampcoffeeco/

Also, idrinkcoffee is in Milton if you haven't been yet. They have a huge selection of equipment. I pulled a pretty darn good shot there recently on their Slayer, using a Peak to grind their Daterra Yellow beans. Just walked up, used their volumetric dosing for a double, did a long slow Slayer preinfusion for 20 seconds, then ramped up to full pressure. It was nice.

M4rtin (original poster)

#3: Post by M4rtin (original poster) »

Thanks, Burlington is perfect, will give it a go :)