Profitec 700 tray warped

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
liutang

#1: Post by liutang »

I purchased a Profitec 700 from WLL after reading all the reviews and videos about what a wonderful and well constructed machine it is. I am impressed with the quality of the shots I can get from it. However, the build quality, in terms of QA is questionable. I noticed that the laser-cut drip tray is warped and will not stay flat in the pan. I contacted WLL thinking that I received a dud. They shipped out a replacement and upon inspection, it has the same warping issue. Obviously, it doesn't affect the performance of the machine in any way, however I feel that for the price that I paid for this machine, it should at least be flawless in terms of what I can see and interact with every day. Does anyone else have this problem with their 700 or is it just me?

SonVolt

#2: Post by SonVolt »

Mine fits perfectly flush. Just keep returning it until WLL sends you a perfect fit.

Portlandia

#3: Post by Portlandia replying to SonVolt »

This^

Force them to make it right!

rockethead26

#4: Post by rockethead26 »

SonVolt wrote:Mine fits perfectly flush.
Same here. As suggested, make them make it right.

liutang (original poster)

#5: Post by liutang (original poster) »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working with them now. I love this machine.

TomC
Team HB

#6: Post by TomC replying to liutang »

Have you laid it on a truly flat surface and verified that it's bent? If so, it would probably be easier to true it up yourself (or practice on the original one since now you have a spare). You could probably bend it straight just using your knee or lap.

Only because it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'd suggest you verify that the frame holding the drip tray isn't bent.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

erics
Supporter ★

#7: Post by erics »

Have you laid it on a truly flat surface and verified that it's bent? If so, it would probably be easier to true it up yourself (or practice on the original one since now you have a spare). You could probably bend it straight just using your knee or lap.

Only because it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'd suggest you verify that the frame holding the drip tray isn't bent.
That's good advice except he doesn't have a replacement yet. A flat surface would be a sheet of glass or a mirror.

Repairing this yourself should be subject to some negotiating between you and the vendor. May be easy and may be NOT.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

ShelbiRyan

#8: Post by ShelbiRyan »

TomC wrote:Have you laid it on a truly flat surface and verified that it's bent? If so, it would probably be easier to true it up yourself (or practice on the original one since now you have a spare). You could probably bend it straight just using your knee or lap.

When I received my Pro 700, the drip tray was bent in almost the exact same way. I simply bent it back straight using my knee as Tom has mentioned.