Profitec 700 steaming

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tkenny53

#1: Post by tkenny53 »

Having come from a Dream S1, my 700 seems to have a whole different style to steaming milk. The arm for the most part works on an angle, something new to me. There is no just straight in of the wand. They say tilt the pitcher, but there you got steam and milk spraying up from the steam tip holes. In the end I get way too may foam/bubbles. Also I get very little milk moving around, there is just no flowing in the pitcher. The S1 worked really nice, never an issue.
Anybody have a good or better tip they use, or maybe a better technique?

mike guy

#2: Post by mike guy »

It probably has more to do with going from a 1 hole tip to a 2 or 4 hole tip. I went through the same thing when I got the syncronika. A one hole tip shoots straight down, so you position the wand to create the roll against the bottom. Multi hole tips shoot out at an angle, and the steam pressure hits the sides, so the position of the wand and how you hold the pitcher are completely different.

CSME9

#3: Post by CSME9 »

The S1 uses a forgiving 4 hole 0.9 mm steam tip, and is a very fast steamer. Not sure what size holes the 700 uses.

Kellyk

#4: Post by Kellyk »

The 700 is a lot faster with the four holes. Don't incorporate as much air at the start (like the first 5 seconds) then put it in deeper for the 'roll' which may last 10 seconds and doesn't need quite the angulation of a single hole. . This is for a small pitcher.

Lacoffee

#5: Post by Lacoffee »

I have found that with the 4 hole tip my best steaming is done with the wand pointed out about 2/3 of the way to the high side limiter, and the top of the pitcher pointed back towards the machine, thus putting the near to me side of the pitcher close to the angle of the wand itself. Due to what you say about the angle not being close to straight (ground perpendicular) this may be an approximation of a more straight into the milk approach. But this makes the milk roll very easily after a brief frothing. I find this to be the best way to get things incorporated but I see a lot of videos that seem to be a "reverse" tilt to this with different machines, perhaps due to their own steam wand angles. Whatever works!
Andrew