Water pressure restrictions and Flojet system - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

kiley76 wrote:This is the system I installed to draw from a 5 gallon reservoir, I will still be adding a backflow preventer, but everything is working now :) ...thanks for all the help, couldn't have done it without you guys

<image>
Great! I need to mount all of my parts like that, I've left it a messy loose arrangement.

So the round valve in the middle of the board is to adjust the pressure? What part is that?
LMWDP #371

kiley76 (original poster)

#22: Post by kiley76 (original poster) »

The white one is the pressure regulator, I have it dialed down to 22 PSI which is what my machine calls for. Accumulator tank was key, and having the Gauge to read
my actual pressure is awfully nice

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

kiley76 wrote:The white one is the pressure regulator, I have it dialed down to 22 PSI which is what my machine calls for. Accumulator tank was key, and having the Gauge to read
my actual pressure is awfully nice

<image>
Cool. I am going to get the regulator and gauge, my setup is almost identical to yours, minus those two parts. Being plumbed in is the best upgrade I have ever made to my coffee bar, always on and always ready to make shots.
LMWDP #371

kiley76 (original poster)

#24: Post by kiley76 (original poster) »

I am blessed with a beautiful home, unfortunately there are crazy limitations that keep me from being able to plumb this in.
In an Ideal World, I run this rig for a few months make sure I'm a hundred percent behind it and then sell it to get a smaller unit for my home. Next weekend I'll be running 220 in an effort to move it into the house and out of the garage, just in time for winter...

jerrysoon

#25: Post by jerrysoon »

Hi all, I'm new here!

I'm trying to read up and understand how to install Flojet (Bottled Water System) + Accumulator Tank for my LM GS3 MP version.

Is it correct that I need a pressure regulator to increase the water pressure (PSI/Bar) into the espresso machine?

spressomon

#26: Post by spressomon »

Yes. Actually the regulator will control the end of the line pressure into the machine, up or down (relative to the pump's output capability and the accumulator's pressure setting).

FWIW, this is similar set-up being used to feed my Slayer.
No Espresso = Depresso

bettysnephew

#27: Post by bettysnephew »

Actually, a regulator cannot increase the pressure to the espresso machine, only decrease it from the value that the Flo Jet attains. For preinfusion and supply to the boiler this should work fine.
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

jerrysoon

#28: Post by jerrysoon »

But out from the Flojet, it's about 2+ bar of pressure. If the regulator is only meant to decrease the value.. means it will be lower than 2 bar?

I read somewhere that the LM GS3 MP version will need min of 3-4 bar pressure for the pre-infusion line pressure to work. How do I achieve this?

spressomon

#29: Post by spressomon »

Swap in a different pump if you need higher pump output pressure. I'm using the Aquatec 5853-7E12-J524 1.7 GPM 60 PSI 3/8 inch JG 120V Delivery/Demand Pump. No issues.
No Espresso = Depresso

jerrysoon

#30: Post by jerrysoon replying to spressomon »

Too bad I bought the Flojet! :cry: