Identify this Bezzera - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
another_jim
Team HB

#11: Post by another_jim »

The Bezzera group hasn't changed much in twenty years; but there are three ways it can be heated. You can find schematic drawungs of the current machines at Bezzera.it and these should also be about right for yours. Despite the vibe point, yours is a commercial machine -- the older home machines, the BZ01 (aka Livia) and BZ02 had an upright boiler and a brass plate connecting it to the group; the newer home machines, BZ07 and BZ10 have a group head heater. The commercial machines all use horizontal boilers and thermosyphons (i.e. two pipes from the boiler to the group)
Jim Schulman

forbeskm (original poster)

#12: Post by forbeskm (original poster) »

Thanks Jim!

It makes much more sense now . Taking all the piping and group apart helped. All cleaned up, I did not take the element out, I could see through the over pressure valve hole and it was pretty clean. The boiler might need another descale , I cleaned it with vinegar when it was out. Descaled all the copper and reassembled. Tightened a few leaks, like whack a mole.

The pump looks to HX through the boiler to the group and the siphon to the group. Pretty slick I'd say as a lever guy. Got the temp up to 180 after an hour warm up from the group. Might need to tweak the pressure state to raise it a bit more.

Pulled a shot, 17 grams, didn't hit the screen so maybe I could does up. I don't have a tamper that big so the tamp was so so. Grind needs adjusted but it was a proof of repair :)

Now keep it , give it back to the caretaker or gift it to a friend? I guess I may need to set up a taste test between it and the Salvatore versus the levers.

#13: Post by forbeskm (original poster) »

I wanted to add an OPV to this machine but I have run into a parts question. Are these fittings BSP? My local parts store did not have anything at fits.

Nut OD 14.95mm/.589"/19/32" Seems bigger than normal for what looks like a 1/4" tube.

OD of cooper pipe 5.93mm/.233"/ 15/64"

OD on the male fittings thread 11.6mm -11.8mm

From my searches it looks like a bsp? The ferrule is not what I am used to. WHere does one find one of these?

Basically I'd like to start with a new piece of copper for the OPV , preserving the orginal so I don't mess it up.

#14: Post by forbeskm (original poster) »

Bezzera identified this unit as the MINIBAR!

The could not help with the fittings. I picked up some bspp but the thread does not look fine enough. Maybe metric?