Help: La Cimbali Junior D1 waste water drainage

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ValeVitola

#1: Post by ValeVitola »

Hi! Good morning! I have a Cimbali Junior D1/ vibe pump from the mid 90s. A few days ago it started to drain the waste water from beneath instead of going directly to the drip tray. I guess I could buy a drain hose and empty it into a bucket, but I have limited space. Does anyone knows why configuration has changed and how can I put it back to drain on the driptray?
Thank you for your help, i have put a tray under the machine but it is driving me crazy.

ValeVitola (original poster)

#2: Post by ValeVitola (original poster) »

Long story short... My cimbali junior D1 vibe pump was discharging water from underneath, In the diagrams could not see a valve or anything , so not knowing where to start decided to open it to see what was going on.

There is a tube that goes from the "water dosage container" to the underneath drip hole, so I imagined there was a problem with the "water dosage system". I took out all rods, cleaned them out, and nothing... I took off the tube and water was not coming out any more. Ery happy re-assambled everything and to my surprise... again water coming out.... opened it again, broke my head trying to figure what to do.

Well after 2 hours... i found the culprit, a hairline crack in the water tray ... so lesson learned... first evaluate the simple solution!

Now I messed up the water dosage and will need to recalibrate!! Grrr