Direct water line espresso machine, but no water source! - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mania

#11: Post by mania »

JmanEspresso wrote:The Vetrano 2B, the current model, a Dual Boiler, has a Rotary pump AND a reservoir. Thats very much the standard today for current Semi-Commercial machines with Rotary pumps.

The Original Vetrano, with was an HX machine, had no reservoir, it is direct water line only.

Some machines can do it, some cant. But if the machine cant pull water on its own, the flojet is a perfect solution. There is also benefits to using the flojet setup, such as line pressure preinfusion on E61 machines. Cant do that with just sticking the water line in a bucket of water.

Also if you use the flojet, you're going to want to put an accumulator on the line as well. It will keep the feed pressure to the machine smooth and constant. Without, the pressure can have the tendency to pulse up an down. I used this one myself, so have many other people. https://www.espressoparts.com/shurflo-accumulator-tank
Thanks Jeff good info there

CoffeeBar

#12: Post by CoffeeBar »

JmanEspresso wrote:The Vetrano 2B, the current model, a Dual Boiler, has a Rotary pump AND a reservoir. Thats very much the standard today for current Semi-Commercial machines with Rotary pumps.

The Original Vetrano, with was an HX machine, had no reservoir, it is direct water line only.

Some machines can do it, some cant. But if the machine cant pull water on its own, the flojet is a perfect solution. There is also benefits to using the flojet setup, such as line pressure preinfusion on E61 machines. Cant do that with just sticking the water line in a bucket of water.

Also if you use the flojet, you're going to want to put an accumulator on the line as well. It will keep the feed pressure to the machine smooth and constant. Without, the pressure can have the tendency to pulse up an down. I used this one myself, so have many other people. https://www.espressoparts.com/shurflo-accumulator-tank
Wow, This is quite a new knowledge for me, an eyes opening Thank you JmanEspresso :D

twisterlove (original poster)

#13: Post by twisterlove (original poster) »

Unfortunately, did not win the machine :( If I ever consider a pro-quality machine, I will go with reservoir option to be safe.

Thanks.

brianl

#14: Post by brianl »

I just wanted to add that its worthwhile to get a large accumulator tank. I personally use a 2.1g (https://www.freshwatersystems.com/searc ... o+tank+2.1) and the flojet only turns on about once a week. With the shurflo one mentioned above it would go on daily (larger tank is also cheaper).

mike guy

#15: Post by mike guy »

You don't have to permanently alter your plumbing to add a T to get another line out under your sink. I could undo my plumbed line and take the parts with me in 5 minutes. I don't see why you could not add it to any apartment's plumbing.

HB
Admin

#16: Post by HB »

mike guy wrote:I don't see why you could not add it to any apartment's plumbing.
It's been awhile since I've rented, but I wouldn't be surprised if property managers specifically forbid electrical/plumbing modifications in the lease agreement. Makes sense, since if you screw up a fitting and flood the place, the potential damage to your neighbors' dwellings/property gets ugly fast. I doubt apartment insurance would cover a loss attributable to modifications specifically disallowed in the lease. The typical renter doesn't read the fine print, but when it comes to who-pays-what-when, I bet it's spelled out there. :roll:

If I were renting, I'd get an espresso machine with a reservoir; if the model I wanted required being plumbed, I'd get a Flojet/bottle and eliminate any questions/risks.
Dan Kehn