Moving commercial espresso machine for weekly farmers market

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pottersgate

#1: Post by pottersgate »

Hello. First time post here, thanks for the welcome. I do a weekly outdoor farmer's market. I need to figure out how to get my commercial single group Gaggia machine from house to vehicle, from vehicle to market table without lifting. Interested in anyone who does catering and has figured this out. Have been at it over 2 years and my back is not liking it. Custom design is probably in order, just want to know if someone has already skinned this cat. Thanks in advance for any information.

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

Look at gurneys in ambulances, they do exactly that. Or put 1/2 of a track on a cart, the other half in the car and a third piece to connect them. Hook it all together and slide it in or out. Just make sure you can securely lock it to the track at either end. I did something similar getting a 1000 pound lathe out of a cargo van onto dollies so we could wheel it into the garage.Worked way better than expected.

Ira

Chert

#3: Post by Chert »

Mine sure wasn't elegant when I wanted to lug my two group to the farmer's market. But the cart succeeded for that 500 yard trip.

I would enjoy a modified Yaris or some such tiny car with a espresso table on rails like IRA describes.
LMWDP #198

Almico

#4: Post by Almico »

I've been contemplating the same thing. I've been doing markets with pre-brewed and pourovers, but am thinking about adding an espresso machine. I just refurbed this Astoria, and was stunned at how heavy it is. I think the book says 137# shipping weight. I had to buy a cart just to move it around the shop and then into the house to test it out. I suppose I could wheel it to the SUV and do a quick transfer, but walking with it is not an option.

I was lucky and found a Lakeside 725 SS food utility cart near me on CL for $200. They hold 700# and go for $700 new. This one even has some nice chestnut wood shelves installed!