Drain Line Pipe Connection Fitting?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
NBA

#1: Post by NBA »

Where would be the best place to plumb in an espresso machine drain line and what fitting should I use?

Lacoffee

#2: Post by Lacoffee »

You just want to be above the p trap. I don't remember what it is called, but there is a Y like this that you can stack above the trap. You might be best served by doing a double P trap and send them both into a Y at the wall. That is what i had to do. THe dishwasher drain line you cannot tap into because it is under pressure and will shoot water up your espresso drain line. And you don't have a lot of room where your other sink drain connects above the P trap. Here is a picture of what you could do on the other side.

Ultimately there are a ton of ways to do it, but I ended up going with two P traps because there was not enough space on one for everything.
Andrew

Advertisement
dynamiteid

#3: Post by dynamiteid »

My local home improvement store had a drain pipe fitting that replaces the straight piece you have labeled "sink drain" that has a 1/2" nipple coming off at an angle. You attach your espresso machine drain hose to that nipple. That puts the connection above the trap. I can send a picture later if needed.

Dave

NBA (original poster)

#4: Post by NBA (original poster) »

A pic would be great if not too much trouble. Thank you both.

dynamiteid

#5: Post by dynamiteid »

Here is a picture of my drain pipe connection. As I mentioned, it replaces the one shown in your picture, but has a barbed connection to connect the espresso machine drain line. Works great.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dave

NBA (original poster)

#6: Post by NBA (original poster) »

dynamiteid wrote:Here is a picture of my drain pipe connection. As I mentioned, it replaces the one shown in your picture, but has a barbed connection to connect the espresso machine drain line. Works great.

<image>

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dave
That is very helpful! Thank you!