Roasted coffee storage labels

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
turtle

#1: Post by turtle »

I store my roasts in airtight containers (TightVac).

This is in and of itself not ground shaking

What I also do is I have applied peel and stick whiteboard re-writable labels on all of my cans and on my grinders.

I write the bean, date of roast, and the time/temp of that roast on the can and when I fill a hopper I write on the label that is on the grinder's bean hopper. If I want or need more info I have the date and bean to look up the roast profile of that roast.

I found these peel and stick re-writable labels at my local office supply store. I got the larger ones and cut them in half

I've been doing this for a few years and thought I would share this with the H-B members who typically have multiple roasts that they are consuming

Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

JK

#2: Post by JK »

Labels that size you can print the Artisan graph on it..

Just add the coffee name so it shows where mine says Roster scope :)
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

Advertisement
turtle (original poster)

#3: Post by turtle (original poster) »

JK wrote:Labels that size you can print the Artisan graph on it..

Just add the coffee name so it shows where mine says Roster scope :)
These are dry erase board labels. Just like the big white dry erase boards only in a peal in stick label

write on them. Rub off. write on them again and again and again. Just wipe off the dry erase marker.

SAB

#4: Post by SAB replying to turtle »

Mick, that's an awesome idea! I've got coffee containers that have a plethora of stickers...the one with the current roast date is the "right" one. But it does get messy...thanks for the idea.

turtle (original poster)

#5: Post by turtle (original poster) replying to SAB »

I went through a number of brands before settling on jokari label once as the most durable.

I can't recall where I purchase them as it has been over a year now. I did a google search and found them on Amazon so you can read about them on there, then find them where you want to make your purchase from (not pushing Amazon). I got the LARGE 3x5 size. This gives more than enough room to write what every you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Jokari-Erasable- ... B002MPL1YU

If you get their "kit" the pen is not what I use. I found it to be TOO permanent so I use a standard dry erase marker that I got from a local office supply store. Trouble with those is that they are too easily erased and you need to be careful where an dhow you grab your container otherwise you will accidentally "erase" what you have written :lol:

I also use a small dry erase board to record what I have roasted so that I can see, at a glance, how long it has been since I roasted an origin. Since I only roast once a week I can see an entire year at a glance. When I get to the end I erase the oldest and start again

JK

#6: Post by JK »

Maybe I should have read more than the title :)
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

I use Listo mechanical marking pencils, need a damp cloth to wipe them off, like a grease pencil.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272