Stone Creek Coffee - Green Bike Review

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by jwCrema »

Friends were out from Milwaukee this summer and sent us a bag of Green Bike Espresso. I opened it up, let it rest three or four days and pulled some of the best chocolate bombs we've ever had. 9 bar, 203F per Eric's thermometer gave us a new favorite coffee.

Went to their web site and found a 5 lb bag size available at a great price. I am done buying 1 lb bags for anything other than an evaluation.

While we have been stuck on Redbird for a couple of years, we're going Green Bike from now on.

RobertL

#2: Post by RobertL »

Sounds good, I'll have to give it a try. I just finished a bag of Teodoro's Italian Roast from Nossa Familia Coffee. If you like Redbird I would recommend Teodoro's it's similar but in my opinion better.

http://www.nossacoffee.com/products/teodoros-italian

LukeFlynn

#3: Post by LukeFlynn »

About a year ago, I was looking for chocolate bomb coffees to buy in larger quantities.. this one came up. Sadly, espresso is sort of on hiatus for me, but I'll be sure to try this once I'm up and running again!

dominico
Team HB

#4: Post by dominico »

I live in Milwaukee. I find Green Bike hit or miss. When its on its really on, but I've noticed variations in its flavor profile and even its roast level from bag to bag. Stone Creek is one of those places that has a lot cool and interesting coffees; I like trying out their lab roasts. They also have a free roastery tour on Sundays at noon if you happen to be in Milwaukee. I largely stopped using them as my go-to place for beans a couple years ago however because I was unhappy with their consistency.

Please post your updates here after a few bags and let us know if their consistency has improved!
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

Boldjava

#5: Post by Boldjava »

Stone Creek's game went straight up when Eric hired Christian Ott as Dir of Coffee. I cupped with him a couple of times. The young man knows his stuff.

1st thing Stone Creek did was begin putting their SCAA scores right on the SO bags. Accurate scores; no puff. Not sure they are still doing it as it was ~ 5 years ago when I was in the shop.
-----
LMWDP #339

jwCrema (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by jwCrema (original poster) »

dominico wrote: Please post your updates here after a few bags and let us know if their consistency has improved!
Will do - besides wanting to share my experience with a fabulous bag, I found it curious there had been zero reviews of them. Given the number of HB folks living in the area, I thought there would have been a few.

I just finished the last few beans of Green Bike yesterday and had to adjust the grind a hair finer on the switch back to Redbird. I've marveled at Redbird's consistency.