La Pavoni age - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
aabra1 (original poster)

#21: Post by aabra1 (original poster) »

anybody knows what is this small hole for?
it must be there for a reason. it was not used for anything when I took the unit apart.
it is next to the cut out for the power cable.

petr0x

#22: Post by petr0x »

in your case - for nothing.
It is normal, you can see photo of machine from 1984, it has the same hole.
http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/La_Pa ... resist.JPG

~1980 machines had 2 holes on the sides of the base, also for no apparent reason (I dont know about any reason)

I think the 1984 machines had this for possibly holding the cable at the feedthrough. Some feedthroughs had larger plastic area around, where a screw goes. Not used on the Pavoni machines probably.

Advertisement
max

#23: Post by max »

The Professional released in 1980 had a metal sub-base. Those holes seem to be for the screws: http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/La_Pa ... PL_eng.htm

In other words, the Europiccola has holes because the Professional needed them.

beerwiffle

#24: Post by beerwiffle »

On one of my machines that little hole is for the screw to connect a ground wire to the base.

aabra1 (original poster)

#25: Post by aabra1 (original poster) »

I put my la pavoni back together for the most part. testing it out for leaks and pressure.

1. how long does it normally takes for a professional machine's boiler (16cup) filed with cold tap water to reach operating temperature when pressure stat turns it off.

2. I zeroed out the pressure gauge.
My pressure stat cuts the power off at about 0.35 just like on the picture. Is it normal pressure? it seems that normal should be 0.8

3. This pressure stat has an adjustment. is it advisable to try adjusting it? I was going to turn that screw counterclockwise (it should push trigger spring away from the switch) about half a turn and see if pressure goes up higher.

4. those brass nuts are the wrong size or they just worn out. they do not grab the thread hard enough I cannot tighten them. they skip the tread.
Any idea what they are? I measured external diameter of the heater terminal post, 2.6mm. they are probably M2.5 or M2.6
M2.5 is a lot more common than M2.6
I can't even find them anywhere other than ebay.
Does anybody know what their size?