Olympia Cremina 2011 Piston Assembly

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Mark_Israel

#1: Post by Mark_Israel »

Does anyone here know if the 2011 version Olympia Cremina has the piston which can be disassembled to ease the changing of gaskets. I have seen references to this style piston for 2002 versions of the machine, but I'm not clear whether that design was continued. I'm expecting a 2011 model tomorrow. I don't expect to need new gaskets soon, but would like to know what I am in for when changing them is necessary.

CoffeeBar

#2: Post by CoffeeBar »

Sorry Mark, I cannot help help. Hope some senior member could chime in soon :)

Advertisement
cpreston
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by cpreston »

I don't know about the piston design, but I have a 2009 and the seals are AFAIK original and still good despite years of use. No idea why they have held up so well. Maybe that replacemeant will be rarer than you think. I partly extend the piston and lube it every couple of months.

chopinhauer

#4: Post by chopinhauer »

Short answer is no. The piston design of the 2002 was changed back of sorts to the earlier design, the main difference being you can now enter the group by unscrewing an allen key bolt (or you can hammer it out from above as before, but that is more of a hassle).

But the actual group, and piston gaskets are inter-changeable with the older Creminas. I do suggest, when purchasing new gaskets that you buy OEM, as these seem to fit best (noting that the OEM group gasket, the red one, breaks easily, so maybe go non-OEM for that, even though the non-OEM from Orphan Espresso are HARD to install in the new Creminas in my experience at least).
LMWDP #027