Nuova Simonelli Mythos Basic Grinder

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Simon345

#1: Post by Simon345 »

In the Mythos range the Mythos One seems to get the most coverage and discussion. What about the Mythos Basic?

Clima Pro - I am not interested at all in the thermal functionality available in Mythos One.

Grind Retention - My understanding is that Mythos Basic should have the same minimal grind retention as Mythos One. Is this correct? I believe that this is quoted by the manufacturer as being less than 1 gram per dose.

Grind Quality - Is it as good as Mythos One?

Any other thoughts/experience with Mythos Basic?

erik82

#2: Post by erik82 »

Also have a look at the Eureka Olympus. They can be fitted with the TiN Mythos burrs and in the UK are sold standard with the TiN Mythos Burrs.

Advertisement
chrisbodnarphoto

#3: Post by chrisbodnarphoto replying to erik82 »

+1

If you want Mythos grind qualify, the Eureka is a great choice! Also take a look at the Monolith Flat - it uses the same burrs as well, but really well aligned and individually tested to ensure alignment. It IS a signal doser, tho, which is ideal for the home but not so much for a shop (if you run one).

trumz

#4: Post by trumz »

I own a older Mythos but have never used a Clima Pro version but from what I understand, the grind quality should be the same. The biggest difference apart from the heating element is the speed of the motor. Mythos One has lower RPM then the Mythos Basic. I don't know what difference this actualy makes to grind quality.

Retention should be the exact same becausw the grind chambers are the same.

If you're buying NEW, the Basic might ship with the uncoated burrs, but I'm not sure..

Mine is a pretty old version because the software doesn't even include "barista mode" and other features. First thing I did was put in the new "clump crusher" and TiN coated burrs. It's been great. If you can find a used one, jump on it!