Stephan's shower screen for Olympia Cremina

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
flopsie

#1: Post by flopsie »

I just bought an 86 Cremina, in fantastic shape except for missing the shower screen and lever. I'm pretty new to vintage espresso, so every step requires a ton of research. What I've seen is that Cerini has an old style (cremina67) screen with a small lip for close to 70 dollars, and a newer version with a taller lip (cremina2002) for about 15.00. stephano's Espresso Care has an Elektra MCAL screen that a few here have said.fits a Cremina, but it looks like the 2002 screen.

Has anyone used either the 2002 screen or the MCAL screen with a Cremina 67?

Thanks!

CoffeeBar

#2: Post by CoffeeBar »

I think the 2002 screen will not fit into the old cremina. I used the shower screen made by Richard Penney and I am happy with this shower screen :D

https://www.etsy.com/listing/229999308/ ... xpress-c67

Cerini clearly stated the Olympia Cremina Shower Screen (new Style) - 250261. This shower screen will not fit Cremina 67's.

https://www.cerinicoffee.com/olympia-cr ... le-250261/

flopsie (original poster)

#3: Post by flopsie (original poster) »

Thanks Coffeebar.

I talked to the re-builder fellow at Cerini today while getting a new lever rod, and Nick said that Olympia is out of the old screens, the newer shower screen will definitely not fit, and the Richard Penny screen is the best bet. Olympia is talking about another production run of the old ones, but nothing definite. They will let me know when they hear anything. It is pretty handy being in the same city as these folks.

I ordered one of Mr. Penny's Screens.

CoffeeBar

#4: Post by CoffeeBar »

flopsie wrote:
I ordered one of Mr. Penny's Screens.

You are welcome flopsie ( my 1 cen only ) I have heard one of the HB Senior member said, The Richard Penney's shower screen is better than the Original one. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your espresso every morning :D