Rocket Appartamento vs Profitec Pro 500

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
btlancaster24

#1: Post by btlancaster24 »

Hello,

This is my first post on a website like this and would be my first espresso machine purchase as well. Originally I was going to get the current Rancilio Silvia "M" paired with the Rancilio Rocky Doserless grinder.. But after watching many videos from Whole Latte Love and Seattle Coffee Gear I have become interested in the Rocket Appartamento OR now possibly the Profitec Pro 500. I thought I had my mind made up to go with the Appartamento (large in part for the appearance) but after talking with Whole Latte Love I have arrived at a dilemma where the Profitec Pro 500 seems like it may be a higher quality machine at the price point which they happen to be and am trying to avoid having a case of buyers remorse or regret.

At this point I'm hoping to get some unbiased advice from a buyers standpoint rather than a sales person and would greatly appreciate any and all feedback on these two machines.

Thanks!

Headala

#2: Post by Headala »

I have no experience with Profitec. Maybe someone else does.

I own a Rocket Cellini and have looked closely at the Appartamento. My Cellini was not well taken care of by the previous owner, but thankfully is built like a tank and has survived working and looking like a champ. Although the OPV setup is more complicated, I like the mechanical pre-infusion of the Rocket models.

The Appartamento seems like a great machine in a nice compact size. Can't remember if it uses the Mater or Sirai pressurestat, but the build quality seems pretty much as nice as the larger machines.

Hope there's something in there to help. It's hard for folks to comment on the Appartamento since there aren't many out there yet. Profitec owners seem generally happy with their machines, as do Rocket owners.