Searching for video on how to brew different types of espresso drinks

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Benibas

#1: Post by Benibas »

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. I joined you because some months ago, I found on internet a video that I now desperately searching for again.
If someone here could help me to find it again, I would be really grateful.
It was a long video (20 - 30 min) of a barista explaining and showing how to brew different types of espresso drinks, from the normal espresso to the ristretto, lungo, macchiato and so on. I found it really interesting because it explained well the amount of coffee, water, milk, ... In the beginning, he was also showing the basics of cleaning an espresso machine. The video was really esthetic (not like the usual video you find on youtube :-). The barista in the video was something like 45 years old and, if I remember well, was Brazilian.

I didn't save the page when I first found it telling me that I could easily find it again... Unfortunately, I spent now hours trying to find it again. Of course I don't remember which keywords I used on my first search.

As a owner of restaurant, I wanted to use this video to train our new staff.

Many thanks in advance for your little help on this search.
Sincerely,
Ben.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

LMWDP 267

Advertisement
Benibas (original poster)

#3: Post by Benibas (original poster) »

Unfortunately not.
I will try to describe it (as I remember) a little bit better for those of you who would see it already.
The video was divided in short sequences for each types of drinks, presenting each drinks with written names, quantities of coffee, water and so on.
The video was really focused on the coffee, i actually don't remember if the barista was talking. He was more just presenting how to do.
The background of the video was black (or a really dark color). As I said, the video was really well filmed, really esthetic.
The barista in the video was quite thin with "angular" traits of his face: He was wearing a white shirt, really well dressed.

Thanks for helping :-)

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

If you scroll down on that page I linked to methods of production it describes how to make the various espresso drinks as well as cleaning equipment, ect.
LMWDP 267

#5: Post by Benibas (original poster) »

Thanks a lot John.
If I would not find the video I am searching for, I could use these.
But I'm still searching... It was really more "classy".

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

Not ringing a bell, maybe the La Marzocco Chefsteps series? As soon as you said classy, I knew it wasn't my Newbie Introduction to Espresso videos. :)
Dan Kehn

#7: Post by Benibas (original poster) »

No Dan, not these from La Marzocco ... :-(
But... don't worry, your videos are really interesting, and I think I could also use them :-)

Advertisement

#8: Post by Benibas (original poster) »

Hi All,
I am still searching... :-)
But I am quite sure now that in the video I am searching for, the barista was using an espresso machine for home use. I have now in my mind that it was a Breville espresso machine... But still I can make make mistakes :-)
Best regards,
Benoit.

LukeFlynn

#9: Post by LukeFlynn replying to Benibas »

There is an older Howcast series (It's from 2011 IIRC), it's pretty informational, but a little pretentious. Just search "Howcast Food & Drink Espresso."