Questions about different Profitec Pro 300's from different vendors! - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Supertrent1 (original poster)

#11: Post by Supertrent1 (original poster) »

zimberto wrote:It looks to me like the V1 of the machine had two 1200W boilers. The only way to operate these on 15A (i.e. 15A x 120v = 1800W max) would be to alternate them in some way. The Pro 700 does this by first heating the brew boiler, and then heating the steam boiler while at the same time spiking the brew boiler to keep its temp level. It looks like V2 of the machine has two 800W boilers (1600W max) that can be operated simultaneously. What would this mean in practice? It would mean that V1 would be ready to brew faster (good for espresso drinkers), but V2 would be ready to both brew and steam faster (good for latte/cap drinkers). I guess we'd be talking a minute or two difference at most. I'm guessing that WLL's website is up to date but their sales rep is not. I'm guessing that Clive needs to adjust their published specs on the machine. I'm doing a lot of guessing, but I'd be really surprised if WLL's machines were different from Clive's.
That's exactly what I was thinking, no way it would be cost effective for Profitec to make two different boiler designs for two different companies. I can't wait for my new toy to get here! :)

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#12: Post by clivecoffee »

Hi guys,

I apologize for any confusion from the specs posted on our site, and we'll have that corrected immediately. When I first heard that the machines were dropping so significantly in voltage, I was eager to put their claims to the test (because the 20 amp model set the bar so high). But this video shows one of the latest machines being bench tested, and the steam pressure being maintained while the brew boiler reheats.
If you know someone who has one of these machines (particularly the 15 amp model), encourage them to post reviews here! The most popular and satisfying equipment tends to be the hardest to get meaningful reviews on.

Any other questions?

@BP

Supertrent1 (original poster)

#13: Post by Supertrent1 (original poster) »

clivecoffee wrote:Hi guys,

I apologize for any confusion from the specs posted on our site, and we'll have that corrected immediately. When I first heard that the machines were dropping so significantly in voltage, I was eager to put their claims to the test (because the 20 amp model set the bar so high). But this video shows one of the latest machines being bench tested, and the steam pressure being maintained while the brew boiler reheats.
If you know someone who has one of these machines (particularly the 15 amp model), encourage them to post reviews here! The most popular and satisfying equipment tends to be the hardest to get meaningful reviews on.

Any other questions?

@BP
Very cool to get a response from you guys on here! No real questions but something I'm interested in seeing would be a video of you guys pulling a shot and steaming the milk for a latte in one take (no cutting). I'm interested in seeing total time it takes to steam around 6 ounces of milk! Not a big deal because my order is supposed to get here Monday, but I'm sure potential buyers would definitely find use in a video like that.

caldwa

#14: Post by caldwa »

Supertrent1 wrote:No real questions but something I'm interested in seeing would be a video of you guys pulling a shot and steaming the milk for a latte in one take (no cutting). I'm interested in seeing total time it takes to steam around 6 ounces of milk! Not a big deal because my order is supposed to get here Monday, but I'm sure potential buyers would definitely find use in a video like that.
If you check out the Pro300 User Experience Thread you'll find a video of Fausto brewing with the Pro300.

If I have time tomorrow I'll time how long it takes to steam 6oz of milk, this seems to be a common question!