Elektra Lever Pins

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
forbeskm

#1: Post by forbeskm »

Someone asked me for pins for pins for the Elektra, are these the same as Pavoni's? I read there are different sizes? Is this the case?

One thing I will say, all the pavoni's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen and Cremina's are all the same diameter pin!

forbeskm (original poster)

#2: Post by forbeskm (original poster) »

I have been told 6mm which would be close to 1/4 which would be the same as Pavoni and Cremina and 8mm which is larger than 1/4. Can anyone else confirm? Thanks

rpavlis

#3: Post by rpavlis »

On my 2013 Micro Casa a Leva the pin that goes through the rod holding the piston is 6mm. The other pin, the one that goes through the roller is 8mm. I do not know if all models have the same diameters.

This is a good time to remind MCAL users that the roller must be kept lubricated, and that it must roll, not slide, otherwise severe wear will result. One can spin the roller while a shot is being made, or else use the "wooden chopstick" technique, to check that it is not sliding. One can also watch it, or make it run over a strip of paper while the handle is depressed.

OldNuc

#4: Post by OldNuc »

1mm = 0.03937in. 8 X 0.03937 = 0.315in. 6 x 0.03937 = 0.2362in.

bronsht

#5: Post by bronsht »

And since this is for me, could someone explain to me how I take the circle springs off the MCAL? Even if you gave the correct dimensions, I still need to disassemble my pins in order to install Mr. Forbes new pins. No, I do not have replacements if I break them. I am having a hard time with this. Thank you all in advance.

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

Do you mean the clips that hold the pins on? Which kind do you have? Some need circlips pliers. Others can be nudged off with the square end of a wooden chopstick. All can launch themselves into oblivion if you don't take care to prevent that.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

bronsht

#7: Post by bronsht »

Drgary, I tried the pliers but could not open them enough (was afraid that I would break the clip). Then tried the same with the help of a wood peg but the peg was oversized AND my hands shake so I could not control my efforts. There is not much space to push them off without running into the machine itself. I'm trying not to damage the exterior at all. I'll have to try the chopstick on the next go around. Thank you.