Expobar Office Leva II Parts - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ira
Team HB

#21: Post by ira »

And since pipe is measured by ID, it's perfectly reasonable for 1/4" pipe to fit in what seems like a 1/2" hole.

Ira

erics
Supporter ★

#22: Post by erics »

Can you share with me where you found these specs?
Actual measurements on various current double boiler machines.
In the world of Brewtus users, the sensor is normally just pulled out and replaced with the new one and more heatsink goo. Never heard of anyone having to replace the thermowell.
I know of NO espresso machine parts source that sells a thermistor by itself. All are similar to the pic I posted which just happens to be a Vibiemme part. The "thermowell" and thermistor are a unit and are sold as such by all of the parts sources who advertise on this site.

Earlier you posted a link to the sensor you needed - Expobar part number 60100076. WLL should have this part in stock. Call tech support and ask for Todd Salzmann (sp)
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#23: Post by ira »

erics wrote:I know of NO espresso machine parts source that sells a thermistor by itself. All are similar to the pic I posted which just happens to be a Vibiemme part.
That might be, but I know of a significant number of Brewtus(same machine) users who have not replaced the thermowell and have replaced the sensor. I offered him one for the cost of shipping. Last I heard WLL was recommending a PID upgrade and no longer carries the sensor. Maybe that's wrong, but in the world of people who repair their own machines and hang out on the Brewtus list, that was how the problem was handled. I'm not trying to claim that it's normal, it's surely not practiced by professional repair people, but it was a $20 fix instead of the recommended $200 fix.

Ira

La_Terza (original poster)

#24: Post by La_Terza (original poster) »

ira wrote:In the world of Brewtus users, the sensor is normally just pulled out and replaced with the new one and more heatsink goo. Never heard of anyone having to replace the thermowell.

Ira
That's good to know. What heatsink goo are you talking about? Sorry for all the amateur questions. I've never had to replace temp probe that required the sensor to be installed separately....still feels a bit odd.

ira
Team HB

#25: Post by ira »

If you can find the whole thing, which should not be to hard as you know the resistance at 85 or 90F, then maybe that's the right answer. Anyone who builds computers will likely have heatsink goo, I'm sure I have a few leftover small tubes as I never use the goo in the box, I buy the better stuff, but for this, it hardly matters. It's usually just filled grease of some kind where the filler is something very heat conductive.

Ira

La_Terza (original poster)

#26: Post by La_Terza (original poster) »

All is good and figured out!

Turns out WLL does not have all of their parts online but are available if you call.

Thanks for all of the help Ira and Erics.

I'll get back to you guys once I get it installed and see wether it works or not.

Cheers!