Setting Up Artisan

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
David H

#1: Post by David H »

I am setting up artisan on my roaster, and all temperatures etc are graphing. When I save the session as an .alog file, the markers and their time/temp information is not saved. When I pull up the profile the graphs are there but the markers are missing.
Second issue, I do not know how to activate the data summary, the bar graph at the top of the graph?

Help, Thanks.
David

zeece

#2: Post by zeece »

I am setting up artisan on my roaster, and all temperatures etc are graphing. When I save the session as an .alog file, the markers and their time/temp information is not saved. When I pull up the profile the graphs are there but the markers are missing.
Go to the menu Config>Events and make sure Annotations is checked. You may want to check some other options for display as well.
Second issue, I do not know how to activate the data summary, the bar graph at the top of the graph?
Config>Statistics. At the top check Time and Bar and any other options you want to see.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement
MaKoMo

#3: Post by MaKoMo »

zeece wrote:Go to the menu Config>Events and make sure Annotations is checked. You may want to check some other options for display as well.

Config>Statistics. At the top check Time and Bar and any other options you want to see.

Hope that helps.
and make sure you have registered a CHARGE and DROP event. If not, you can still place those events by right-clicking on the BT and selecting the corresponding entry from the popup.

David H (original poster)

#4: Post by David H (original poster) »

Somehow something is missing. I have all of those checked. When I open a roast, I get three boxes on the top line with elapsed time to Dry End, First Crack, and drop. The numbers populate during the roast. and then when I stop the artisan, they disappear along with the markers on the graph.

???
David
Thank you for your suggestions.

9Sbeans

#5: Post by 9Sbeans replying to David H »

Roast > Properties... > General tab

You have to enter (register) the CHARGE and DROP time and save the file.

JK

#6: Post by JK »

If you do need to enter a charge and drop or change drying, drop or charge.. Just right click the Bean Temp Line where you want the change and a pop up window will open and choose from the drop down list..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

David H (original poster)

#7: Post by David H (original poster) »

I discovered the solution:
I am using two phidgets cards 1048, 1019, to track gas pressure, air flow, and all temp readings. So in configure/devises/the phidgets were checked, and all graphs for the temps showing up. At the top of the window, neither BT or ET were checked.

When I checked the BT Curve, all the features worked as expected. If that is left blank, artisan will not save and display the expected bar graph.

This forced me to learn a lot about the program. I have been checking many boxes.

It is very elegant. Just not so much so the documentation. Thank you all so much.
Best,
David H.

Advertisement
CelliniEVO

#8: Post by CelliniEVO replying to David H »

I'd love to see some pictures of your IR1 running the two phidgets! I'm using just the 1048 on my IR2.5 but would love to add some way to track gas pressure and ET.

How many probes are you using? Are you running it on natural gas or propane?

day

#9: Post by day replying to CelliniEVO »

plus 1 for me, i would also like to see your set up for gas pressure and airflow.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone