Baratza Sette 270W delayed. Now what? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Hudson

#21: Post by Hudson »

I wanted a clean, single dosing grinder to replace my pharos which was annoying to use for light roasts. I originally had the sette on preorder, but canceled and got a hg-1 instead. No regrets so far, certainly a price increase from the sette, but the build quality is unlike almost any other product I own - absolutely amazing.
LMWDP #534

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#22: Post by clivecoffee »

zimberto wrote:And after that commercial break, back to our regular programming...
:?: People learn in a variety of ways, and for those that prefer asking questions and describing their coffee goals verbally (we also get lots of questions by email), they should know we're happy to help. But I do find phone to be a great tool for finding out what flavors people like, and which features will bring that out.

@BP

whosinaname

#23: Post by whosinaname »

I have a Baratza Preciso that I use for my drip, and I have been using Lido 3 for espresso. I too was waiting for the Sette, but I could wait no longer. I got a Rocket Fausto and it seems to be doing the trick! the Fausto is dedicated to espresso, but I still may pick up a sette in the future for my pourover and drip needs. I really like the design of it.

Has anyone else here had much expirence with the Rocket fausto? Loving mine so far.

PopDisplay

#24: Post by PopDisplay »

Regarding the design of this "game changer" or "category killer" coffee grinder, has anybody addressed the horizontal motor to vertical grinder aspect insofar as a reliability is concerned?

While there may be benefits to such an arrangement, I have to wonder what materials are used to convert the horizontal to vertical motion:
Clearly, per the video linked above the "gear box" housing is made of plastic. What material is used in the planetary gear?

Is there a lubricant inside the gear box? What prevents (actually, guarantees) that a lubricant can't migrate into the coffee? Further, if there is any chipping or other wear in the planetary gear, what prevents these fragments (plastic, steel, bronze, or other metal?) from contaminating the coffee?