Why so few posts about Vibiemme?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bettysnephew

#1: Post by bettysnephew »

First off, I am extremely happy with my Domobar Super HX Rotary. Just kind of curious as to why there seldom seems to be any posts or recommendations for their products. My machine appears to be very well built and they are sold by two of the major distributors on this site. Did I miss something somewhere or do they just work adequately and don't get much press because of that? Nobody seems to bad talk them but no particular praise either.
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

AcidRain

#2: Post by AcidRain »

Usually people with a ''not an entry level machine'' know how to adjust parameters and don't need help about a shot flowing too fast ? :P

The Baratza Sette not even on the market was generating 60-70+ pages on the coffee forums enthusiasts: they are already making burr alignment on something that does not exists in their kitchen. Some legacy machines don't even get a single page after several years and many users experiences. And so on.

And BTW there is a truckload of information/discussion threads on the internet about the Domobar.

Advertisement
Hudson

#3: Post by Hudson »

Also, many threads are started because quirks or issues with a piece of equipment, not a ton of threads start out with "My machine turned on and worked great again today!". Might not be such a terrible thing that you machine does not have a huge presence on the forum. I'm in the same boat for the most part with my Expobar Brewtus.
LMWDP #534

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

I had a VBM DS vibratory and now have a VBM Double Boiler. I can't remember a single discussion concerning the DS rotary. There are plenty of threads concerning the VBM E-61 group, and E-61's in general. Depending on what you need to know, those would be the searches to follow. There was a good thread on the DS. They are decent machines and have great capability to produce excellent espresso. The cabinet design is ridiculous and could have been easily improved by Vibiemme. But they stick with the large, flat, stainless panels which vibrate and then have a warming tray that is held by friction. All that fits together metal-to-metal. When working on them, unless great care is used when putting it back together the case makes about as much noise as the rotary pump.

I am a well-known fan of the E-61, and really like the espresso that the VBM creates, but if I replace the DD it will likely be from another manufacturer.. Is that the sort of info you were looking for? :roll:

But to be helpful, Eric's group thermometer is an excellent learning and diagnosis tool to quantify what goes into the cup based on your methodology of brewing.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

bettysnephew (original poster)

#5: Post by bettysnephew (original poster) »

I guess I have my answer, the machine makes decent espresso and doesn't cause a lot of problems so those of us with them don't gripe too much. I put a couple of thin rubber "washers" on the screws when I reinstalled my cover after lowering pump pressure and a length of electrical tape on the rear edge of the cover in the back to stop a buzz from the warmer tray. Gee it appears I do have problems with my VBM! What will I do? :D
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by pizzaman383 »

As a VBM owner I will give my $0.02. These machines came onto the market some years ago. In the early days there were a lot of discussions and VBM tweaked the designs to address the problems that impacted espresso quality. Since then the machines haven't changed so there is little new to say about them.

You can see similar trends in the threads about newer machines. They are wonderful when first introduced, they have problems, they get fixed, they become solid options, then they become passe as new alternatives come on the market. This is especially true for E61 DB espresso machines. Each year there is a new darling of the forum.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

LeakyLandy

#7: Post by LeakyLandy »

My little VBM Junior has been reliable so far and gets the job done with minimal fuss. I don't worry about cooling flushes. The espresso tastes great on my simple palate.