Cat & Cloud Coffee - New roaster that makes AMAZING coffee!!! - Page 7

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
shawndo

#61: Post by shawndo »

Bunkmil wrote:Oh great! Thanks for the reference!
I'm still not convinced that a home machine can provide 320g of temp stable water in 45 sec. I'll have to try...
Ah ok, now I know what you were getting at.. I forget not everyone has a 1.5L boiler at home! :P
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

RioCruz

#62: Post by RioCruz »

Well...we decided to take a little trip out to see what all the fuss was about at C & C. It's taken me this long to check out Cat and Cloud because in general, I don't much like light-roasted, acid-forward coffees...and given the Verve background of the owners of C & C, I was pretty sure I wouldn't much like their fare. My prejudices were sustained.

I had an espresso with their "The Answer" blend, and Paula had a latte with the same. My espresso was like drinking lemon juice...pretty much like I have experienced at Verve...and Paula's latte really lacked much taste at all, she said.

However, we really liked the ambience of the place on Portola. It was light and airy and the staff very friendly and inviting. For those who enjoy the kind of coffees they provide, I would highly recommend C & C as a place to try.
"Nobody loves your coffee more than you do."
~James Freeman, Blue Bottle

Mrboots2u

#63: Post by Mrboots2u »

shawndo wrote:Its called a "Coffee Shot" and you should be able to do it on your home machine if you can adjust the temperature (or just try it without)
Here is the howto:
http://www.mahlkoenig.com/file/download/default/id/6981

(They are obviously pushing the grinder on that particular doc, but you can search for "Coffee shot perger" for more info.
C and C shots are run at 4 bar i think , so some differences to the perger coffee shot