Where to find used espresso equipment - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jchung

#11: Post by jchung »

When I bought my Mazzer Major used, I had setup a CL search to email me anytime something new showed up that matched my search criteria. I waited for months but eventually saw the Major posted.

I constantly see listings on CL for auctions on used restaurant/cafe equipment which typically includes commercial 2gr machines.

Compass Coffee

#12: Post by Compass Coffee »

This weekend Buy/Sell forum there was my Vesuvius, a Speedster, a Single Group Slayer and a 2 Group Slayer all for sale at the same time. Made me think of this thread asking where to find high end used espresso machines for sale!
Mike McGinness

sluflyer06

#13: Post by sluflyer06 »

Wacobipe wrote:There has to be other sources for used espresso machines. There's almost no high end gear listed on the forums, nothing of significance except commercial sales on eBay, and a ton of equipment sold new....some of which has to go to people that that realize this adventure isn't for them, or people that are upgrading. Where does that high end equipment that is unloved end up? I'd love to find an e61 group machine (logical purchase), a GS3 MP, or my dream a Slayer 1 group...where is the market for these? They are not all loved and never sold.
I'm confused by that statement, since you already own a Lucca M58, no other E61 based machine is going to be an "upgrade" from that, aside from the Vesuvius which is a modified E61 with flow profiling.

Also FYI there is a used slayer and speedster currently for sale.

Wacobipe (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by Wacobipe (original poster) »

I posted that in July when I had a Silvia...I recently took delivery of the Lucca so I am not in the market for any machine at this point.