Electric Ceramic Conical Burr Grinder - Output Directly into Aeropress

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
TheIglu

#1: Post by TheIglu »

Hello all,

I'm looking for a decent electric ceramic (or stainless I guess if the right one comes along) conical mill burr grinder that an Aeropress can fit under the output chute of. I'm not sure if dozer or dozerless would be best, but I'm open to all recommendations. Trying to eliminate one messy step in my process by skipping the grind bin and grinding directly into my Aeropress.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by dumpshot »

I just happened to come across this Rhinowares hand grinder on Instagram.

It isn't an electric grinder and I have no idea if it is any good, but it has an adaptor that fits right over the Aeropress for grinding directly into it.

Pete
LMWDP #484

Bob_McBob

#3: Post by Bob_McBob »

How is transferring grinds to the Aeropress a messy step? It even comes with a funnel.
Chris

TheIglu (original poster)

#4: Post by TheIglu (original poster) »

dumpshot wrote:I just happened to come across this Rhinowares hand grinder on Instagram.

It isn't an electric grinder and I have no idea if it is any good, but it has an adaptor that fits right over the Aeropress for grinding directly into it.

Pete
I already have a couple manual grinders similar to that, but the idea to go directly into the Aeropress is a good one. I'll fire up the 3D printer and make an adaptor like the one they use.

Still want a decent electric model for home though.

TheIglu (original poster)

#5: Post by TheIglu (original poster) »

Bob_McBob wrote:How is transferring grinds to the Aeropress a messy step? It even comes with a funnel.
Static, lots of static. Plus it's one extra piece to clean.

Not in any way a necessity, just be nice to grind directly into the Aeropress. First world problems, I know :wink: