Slayer - Something will be unveiled in WOC. - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Tanax

#31: Post by Tanax »

nickw wrote:Hmm, consider the duratex a downgrade. I like the wood. I'm sure if you wanted it, they could do it.

Do you mean the dispersion screen? It looks like the same teflon screen they ship on all their current lineup.
I see, I thought it was an upgrade. Personally I prefer the look of the pure wood as well. But still weird that the cheaper model has better steam than their flagship model. I'm sure in time V4 will be released with upgraded internals and improvements.

Oh okay, I guess I've never seen an up close image from underneath the brew group (dispersion screen) :D

frank828

#32: Post by frank828 »

did anyone find out if this thing will have things like programmable preinfusion? auto backflush? i'd expect it to be able to do these things but i havent seen anywhere mention it.

Zoey

#33: Post by Zoey »

Slayer Steam just won the best new espresso machine at the World of Coffee, Dublin.

ira
Team HB

#34: Post by ira »

Does anyone else feel like this is a machine targeted at the "I'm opening a coffee shop and I need a La Marzocco and a Robur" target market. Sure seems perfect for the I'm getting into coffee but I don't know anything and this is what my supplier recommends. Plus, even my poorly trained employees will be able to use it and get passable results. Maybe I'm way off base, but if it's easy to maintain and service and the price is in the ballpark, it seems like the perfect machine.

Ira

nickw

#35: Post by nickw »

ira wrote:Does anyone else feel like this is a machine targeted at the "I'm opening a coffee shop and I need a La Marzocco and a Robur" target market. Sure seems perfect for the I'm getting into coffee but I don't know anything and this is what my supplier recommends. Plus, even my poorly trained employees will be able to use it and get passable results. Maybe I'm way off base, but if it's easy to maintain and service and the price is in the ballpark, it seems like the perfect machine.
That's exactly what it's targeted at:
http://dailycoffeenews.com/2016/06/23/s ... yer-steam/
Jason PreFontaine wrote: "I have clients that use Slayer, whether it's a single group or two-group on let's say a 'slow bar,' and over there on the other side of the bar they have a Cyncra or they have an L.M.," Slayer Espresso President Jason Prefontaine recently told Daily Coffee News. "They have something else. Well, I want that other position on the bar."