Parts needed to hookup Diedrich2.5 to propane grill tank?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CelliniEVO

#1: Post by CelliniEVO »

Just finished the natural gas to LP conversion. Swapping out the orfices on the burners was nice and quick, but man it was a pain in the ass getting to the one in the pilot light with how small the ir2.5 is on a 95 degree evening.

Anyways, I'm ready to hookup to my grill propane tank and not sure on what parts I need. Just got back from Home Depot and there's some dryer/water heater gas hose that appears like it could work, but wanted to confirm and see what sort of adapter I should use to attach to the gas tank?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I've had this roaster for over a week and am dying to fire her up!

Thanks!

9Sbeans

#2: Post by 9Sbeans »

Since you have swapped out the orifices from NG to LPG by yourself, you should also check the fittings of the gas inlet. Might need an adapter there.
The BBQ grill type of hose-regulator in Home Depot should work. However, there are always more fancy toys for you to evaluate the cost & benefit. :lol: For example, there is option for a greater ID regulator-hose, and a more sophisticated Twin Stage Regulator. Better regulation of pressure under various flow loads, less chance of "frozen regulator" in cold winter.

http://gashosesandregulators.com/Low-Pr ... ulators/48
COM5 - Low Pressure PRESET Regulator
GR9450 - Compact Low Pressure Twin Stage Regulator
GR9412 - Low Pressure Twin Stage Regulator

CelliniEVO (original poster)

#3: Post by CelliniEVO (original poster) »

Thanks for replying! Hoping to get her fired up today, but definitely will be checking out those other parts too.

The inlet is a standard 1/2in male pipe...so I need to find a hose with a 1/2in female connection and then some sort of adapter to connect to the propane tank. Any suggestions for parts that can be picked up at Home Depot?

CelliniEVO (original poster)

#4: Post by CelliniEVO (original poster) »

Got her up and rolling! 3/8 to 1/2 coupling and a replacement BBQ regulator hose.

Definitely want to get a more industrial hose soon tho