Specialty Coffee Greens Retailer in the East Coast? - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
da gino

#11: Post by da gino »

I bet the nc source above was supposed to be the captains coffee

http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/contact-us

I don't do a lot of roasting these days due to time but always liked them.

rizodcat

#12: Post by rizodcat »

try Captains Coffee. tell me what you think?

Nik

#13: Post by Nik »

I ditto John B's recommendation of Roastmasters.

It took me quite a few years to realize the importance of coffee grading, source selection skills and farm processing when choosing beans for roasting. I have learned that choosing a bean based on price per pound most often reflects what hits the cup. Spending a couple hours roasting less grade beans in a quality roaster and that I am going to process through high end grinders and espresso machines and then expect what hits the cup to be a potential god shot is playing with your head. Roastmasters is one of the very few sources in the U.S.that gives the buyer a choice of bean price options. However you can be assured that the same selection process is applied to the lower cost beans as applied to their higher ones. They have retail coffee shops to supply and they can't take the risk of serving second grade coffees...and they don't. When I buy from Roastmasters I know that their beans were approved by their owner. I know that he regularly goes to the farms in South and Central American and handpicks the beans. Past experience has never disappointed me. They often have the rare beans that no one else makes available to the home roaster. There evaluations are never bloated and have always been accurate to me. Their beans are always fresh and with the exception of an occasional USPS handling issues the order arrives within 2-3 days they were ordered. My guess is that they represent 80% of my purchases. They are the best source to suit my requirements. I can honestly say that the enjoyment level of coffee increased dramatically when I dropped the major California source and switched to Roastmasters. This happened about 3 years ago and I have not been disappointed. Roastmasters is a great source for the home roaster.

MerlinWerks

#14: Post by MerlinWerks »

I buy almost all my greens from Happy Mug these days. A smaller selection, but great beans, service and price...
I'm only about eighty miles from them in Western PA, if I order before 11am I have them the next day.

http://www.happymugcoffee.com/

cannonfodder
Team HB

#15: Post by cannonfodder »

Dave Stephens