Information on the new Eureka Atom grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mawst95

#1: Post by mawst95 »

I was looking into Eureka grinders and saw an ad for their new Atom Grinder: http://www.eureka.co.it/wp/assets/atom.pdf (PDF).

What interested me was size, silent motor, and some sort of adjustment mechanism that allows adjustment in the espresso range and the drip/pourover range. It's available at Bella Barista for preorder for under $1K. Can't find anything anywhere on the grinder except bella barista and they just repeat what's on the PDF.

As I find out information I'll post it here.

mawst95 (original poster)

#2: Post by mawst95 (original poster) »

Here's a blog post I found: https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/news/eureka-atom/

The ATOM is a brand new product: born on demand.
it is "reduced noise"....much less noise than other coffee grinders
"space-saving": Height 47cm; depth 22cm; width 18cm
Burrs 60 mm flat....but much faster than zenith club E
Display is HI-res color.
This is our 1st product OK for espresso coffee and brew coffee. Included in the price there is a nice basket (to replace filter fork) fit to size of the grinder: good to collect coffee powder for brew coffee.
-Boris Pianaccioli - Eureka Sales & Communication Manager

mawst95 (original poster)

#3: Post by mawst95 (original poster) »

Hi all,

Here is an unboxing video:
The most notable thing to me was that it is dead silent when the burrs are moving without beans. Hopefully they'll grind some beans and post a vid.

I had emailed BB a while back and the rep told me that were really impressed with the pre-production unit they were testing. Silent, low retention.

bas

#4: Post by bas »

I have a black Atom. I bought in by Van Pommeren in the Netherlands. I can gladly confirm it is indeed quite silent and has a nice pitch. Retention seems to be very small as I notice a difference immediately after changing grind settings. The grinds are fluffy with hardly any clumps. Distribution is nicely centered in the basket. With 2 g/s quite fast. Build quality is good although the die cast aluminium looks a bit like plastic. Not the build like a tank look of a Mazzer. After having grind about 5 lbs I am impressed with this grinder. The grind adjustment dial is very nice and works great too. Tastewise I like it also. Great grinder.

tridoros

#5: Post by tridoros »

Interesting to read any feedback re. the new ATOM. ELEKTRO'S advised me that the base plate is plastic and black grinding area also plastic, with the remainder being cast aluminium. Is it possible to hands-free the porta-filter on the forks while grinding?

CoffeeBar

#6: Post by CoffeeBar »

redbone

#7: Post by redbone »

Passed by Idrinkcoffee today and spent an hour talking to Slawek who was generous with his time and patient answering my questions and demonstrating some new grinders including the Eureka Atom. He touts the grind quality to value of the Eureka grinders, that says alot considering the vast array of grinder manufactures he retails.
The Atom has to be the quietest grinder I've ever heared and quieter than any hand grinder I've heard. On the opposite side of the spectrum that he demonstrated was the Baratza Sette W. No way could I ever use that while someone slept in the house. On the plus it was as fast as it was loud.
He uses a slayer as his in house machine to make espresso based drinks. Had me a nice espresso from in house roasted coffee from it.

Picked some Costa Rican Tarrazu also
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

drummy

#8: Post by drummy »

Also bought the Atom from Idrinkcoffee. I have had very good response from the vendor with many questions I asked. So far so good, I am very impressed with the quality of the machine. It's sturdy, it requires almost no adjustment to the grind, and when it does, it is easy to adjust with the knob. My wife is also very happy to not wake up when I use it...the Sette I had for 3 months was another story. The grind is fluffy. For the ones asking themselves the question, yes you can rest the portafilter on the forks. It works. You just have to adjust correctly the forks with an allen key (provided) before first use.