Espresso machine boiler won't fill

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jaredm8

#1: Post by jaredm8 »

Hello all. I have a coffee cart that I've been working on for the past six months, and I finally bought an espresso maker. Its a Reneka viva 1 espresso maker. The problem is that the boiler is not accepting water from the external pump. The alarm lights came on signaling me that the boiler needs to be filled up. So I turned the espresso machine off and on 8 times, but the boiler is still not getting filled up. Do I need an accumulator tank? or ??? Heres a video on Youtube.

Teflon1064

#2: Post by Teflon1064 »

Can you hear the pump in the machine trying to fill? Hopefully.

If the machine has been sitting for a while the fill solenoid might be stuck. Give the coil of the solenoid a few whacks with a screwdriver handle while its trying to fill and that might get the plunger to move. Otherwise you'll have to start taking apart the fill pipework to see if the solenoid or non-return valve are blocking the flow. The ease of that depends of how accessible the pipework is.

jaredm8 (original poster)

#3: Post by jaredm8 (original poster) »

Your right....it is the fill pipe work. It looks like Im going to have a long project ahead of me. Thank you so much for your reply! Ill let you know if I get it working.