Activate steam switch to get better intrashot temperature on Gaggia Baby

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
fede99123

#1: Post by fede99123 »

Hi everyone, a few months ago i bought an old Gaggia baby. After having disarmed and cleaned entirely, its giving me good espresso shots. So, i watched that once i start brewing, the temperature drops from 95 to 75 degrees in less than 20 seconds, a problem that i know, affects almost users of coffee machines with small boilers.

So, i needed some thermal stability, and i tried to turn on the steam switch during the brewing, but the triple solenoid valve automatically activates and water flow stops, interrupting my shot. For example, I can not do the technique in the post below:
A different approach to Gaggia temperature routine

I would like to know the wire connection diagram to activate the steam thermostat during the shot, without problems. In other words, i want to get better intrashot temperature. Its not my intention to install a pid in the machine. Here, the photos from the machine and the switch.
Regards from Argentina.

jonr

#2: Post by jonr »

Might be the same as a Gaggia Classic, which google will find ("gaggia classic wiring diagram"). Also try 4 seconds of steam switch just before brew. Also consider that some temp drop is a good thing, not a problem.

fede99123 (original poster)

#3: Post by fede99123 (original poster) replying to jonr »

Thanks! I think this is the diagram.
I do not have much knowledge in electrical connections. Should i disconnect the wire that comes from solenoid to steam switch?

jonr

#4: Post by jonr »

Looks like you want to install a jumper from B1 to B2. This will hold the solenoid closed, even when you activate the steam switch.