Owner experience with the Strietman CT1 - Page 36

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
CwD

#351: Post by CwD »

It is very easy to empty! Just lift and drain, like you say.

But I only empty it for cleaning personally, otherwise I just top it off and keep it full.

erik82

#352: Post by erik82 »

I just top it off. After turning it off at the end of the day I flush the screen, then flush with the filterbasket in place. After that the waterlevel is below the dome.

chris_n

#353: Post by chris_n »

thank you gentleman! that's exactly what i've been doing. I have much experience with levers, but none with an open boiler design so I was naturally curious.

this thing is great

RyanP (original poster)

#354: Post by RyanP (original poster) »

I dunno why I never tried it, but after purchasing a 49mm polisher from Denis I decided to try doing all my prep with the basket in the portafilter. I had to switch from the tidaka funnel to the OE funnel I have to make it work. I haven't decided yet whether I like it better, but it works well and the workflow is probably an improvement in most people's eyes over what I was doing. I do like the polisher. Much less tapping needs to be done to settle the grinds which is nice. Anybody else do their prep with the basket in the portafilter?

CwD

#355: Post by CwD »

Can anyone with the bimetal dome weigh in on if it's worth it? Ordering some 18g IMS baskets from the shop today and was thinking of picking up one of those too.

erik82

#356: Post by erik82 »

For function there's no difference. I have the bimetal dome for over 6 months and before that the normal dome for a year. For cleaning, scale buildup and looks the bimetal dome is much nicer. That's why I bought it. It's up to you if you think it's worth the money.

CwD

#357: Post by CwD »

Never really had any scale issues so I'll pass for now. Only 5eur difference in the shipping together or separate if I decide I want it later.

Neuromancer

#358: Post by Neuromancer »

Hello. Can someone comment on the strength required to pull a shot on a strietman compared to a pavoni?

CwD

#359: Post by CwD replying to Neuromancer »

Having owned both, I can say neither ever made me think there would ever be a problem for an able bodied adult. Especially since softer pulls can work so well.

erik82

#360: Post by erik82 »

I haven 't used them side-by-side (have owned both) but I think both are equal but that's not the whole picture. The ergonomics of the Strietman are so much better that its much easier to make espresso with it.