Plumbing with whole home water softened water - help!!

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
ruthlessaz

#1: Post by ruthlessaz »

Hi all,

I am planning on setting up my v2b to be plumbed. I have a whole home water softener that uses salt, and an r/o under the sink setup. I am assuming the r/o won't have enough pressure to plumb it, since I have it connected to the fridge and spout on the sink, whicb leaves me to plumb in my softened water.

I read that using water softened with salt adds some sodium to the water which can affect flavor. I want my espresso to taste great and don't want to scale up my machine!

Please help, what filters would you recommend I use to filter the salt softened water to create awesome espresso??!!

Lacoffee

#2: Post by Lacoffee »

Use the ro. Just add a remineralization cartridge after it in line with the machine. It should be enough pressure. Works great for me. Plus john guest fittings are a cinch to plumb.
Andrew

thepilgrimsdream

#3: Post by thepilgrimsdream »

Give Richard at Water X a call. He does home systems and designed a system with counter culture. They make good stuff

DLieu8989

#4: Post by DLieu8989 »

Plumbing Quickmill Vetrano 2b evo. Help!

Hmm...same questions, same answers.

ruthlessaz (original poster)

#5: Post by ruthlessaz (original poster) »

Actually, in that post I asked what parts were needed to plumb the machine in, in this I'm asking about the water quality itself.