About to pull the trigger on a new Olympia Cremina - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Gpinch1 (original poster)

#41: Post by Gpinch1 (original poster) »

ooooohhhhhh.... look at this swiss grinder I just found http://www.gilda-kaffeemachinen.ch/en/ ... a_grinder/

Bobnzca

#42: Post by Bobnzca »

Hey Gpinch1,
Did you find your dream machine yet?
Did you ever consider getting a Salvatore lever? I know someone selling one in Quebec. If I don't get it for myself is this machine on your list? I'd be glad to help...to me the L1 is still on the top of the list but didn't commit yet.
cheers
Gilles

Gpinch1 (original poster)

#43: Post by Gpinch1 (original poster) »

Bobnzca
I am 100% committed to the Olympia Cremina. In the process now of sourcing one now.

Thanks for the offer to help though.

Faspaz

#44: Post by Faspaz »

drgary wrote:Please be aware that when you post something like this in a public forum, many people are likely to see it and are likely to bid up the price. If you want to notify another member of a buying opportunity please consider doing it by PM or email. This thread may help in more ways than are stated in the title:

Tips for Safer Online Buying of Used Espresso Gear
Curious why you automatically side with the buyer vs. the seller here? If I'm selling it I want the price to go up, so it's in my interest--as well as every other seller's--that more people know about the item up for sale. Let the market forces work the way they're supposed to. You might be a seller someday yourself.

drgary
Team HB

#45: Post by drgary »

Logically true, but give us a break. This is a site for hobbyists who are mostly interested in buying gear. When they sell, they're more informed than most people and know how to list their products well, whether here on the site, where their gear will sell for a premium (not to the site) because they are more trusted sellers, or elsewhere.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Eastsideloco

#46: Post by Eastsideloco »

Faspaz wrote:Curious why you automatically side with the buyer vs. the seller here? If I'm selling it I want the price to go up, so it's in my interest--as well as every other seller's--that more people know about the item up for sale. Let the market forces work the way they're supposed to. You might be a seller someday yourself.
It's not that simple, really. It is a violation of H-B forum guidelines to post things as a way to drive up the price of a commercial listing. (The workaround is the buy/sell forum.) So if you have a vested interest, you can't post about it. If you don't have a vested interest, the PM method provides the best value to the interested party.

jimvibe

#47: Post by jimvibe »

Greg, I have read the thread one more time, you explained your opinion on other machines but I couldn't find anything about Strietman, which you considered. What didn't you like about it? I am genuinely curious because I was choosing between Cremina and Strietman myself, but I like an occasional cappuccino so the choice was relatively obvious.