Profitec Pro 300 or Quickmill QM67? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
midwestnowaves (original poster)

#11: Post by midwestnowaves (original poster) »

Thanks Caldwa and everyone else who replied. I'm set on the Pro 300.

thecatch83

#12: Post by thecatch83 replying to midwestnowaves »

Smart decision...the 67 makes zero sense at nearly $2k in today's buyers market.

#13: Post by midwestnowaves (original poster) »

Last minute dithering alert! Is there anything to be said for the Lelit PL60 "Diana" over the Profitec Pro 300?

thecatch83

#14: Post by thecatch83 replying to midwestnowaves »

No...go with the 300

caldwa

#15: Post by caldwa »

midwestnowaves wrote:Last minute dithering alert! Is there anything to be said for the Lelit PL60 "Diana" over the Profitec Pro 300?
I agree with Thecatch83 - stick with the Pro300. I looked pretty closely at the Lelit as well, but if you're okay with spending the extra $200 for the Pro300, then it's definitely the better option.

#16: Post by midwestnowaves (original poster) »

Ok thanks so much for the expert advice....the 300 it is

dsevier

#17: Post by dsevier »

So midwestnowaves, did you buy the 300? There is much I like about it when I stopped by Clive Coffee to look at it. I like the feel more than the looks but it is unique machine for sure! What is your opinion of it?

#18: Post by midwestnowaves (original poster) »

Yes dsevier, based on the recommendation from Caldwa and umpteen hours of research I bought the Pro 300.

I've only had it up and running for a few days and, unsurprisingly, it's a huge upgrade from my old Gaggia Classic. And yet it's no more difficult to use.

I don't have the experience of the experts on this forum to compare it to similar level machines but the main things I like are:

> Very fast warm up time

> Consistent shots thanks to the easily programmable PID

> Plenty of steam power

> Enough clearance to put a cup under the portafilter, and yet low enough overall height to fit under my kitchen cabinets if needed

> Solid construction

> Intuitive controls so even someone relatively inexperienced (like me) can get going right away without feeling like a complete idiot!

If you're going to go with the 300, I highly recommend getting it from Ben Piff and the gang at Clive Coffee. They have provided excellent, responsive customer service and offer a two year warranty with the machine. Plus they might throw in some extras if their summer specials are still running.

I hope all this is helpful.

Phil

longspeak14

#19: Post by longspeak14 »

If it means anything, I went with the QM67 recently, and after getting things dialed in, I have no problem steaming skim milk and getting good creamy milk for a latte. The machine is very quiet, and looks really nice on the counter. Shots pulled are outstanding. :D