What grind setting are you using on LIDO E for French press?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
SAB

#1: Post by SAB »

I'm an espresso nut. That's about all I do. BUT, I've decided that for travel, French press (using an Espro travel press) is probably better than most local fare, especially in a coffee deficient area. So, I bought a lido e-t, with the idea that if I ever need a travel espresso get-up, this would probably work. But my current utilization is for travel French press. I've tried it a couple of times, I'm using 17-1 ratio, 30 secs off boil on my kettle, and curious as to what grind settings others are using for immersion/fp.

I don't use the French press option often, so I would appreciate input in to what people are using. OE says 1r+9steps to 2 1/2 r from zero for fp. I started with 2 revolutions from zero. Not bad, a bit bitter, thought I'd shorten the extraction from 4 to 3.5 and see.

Thx for your help!

bergjm

#2: Post by bergjm »

I just got the Lido ET and so far I am at 2.5 turns for Espro Press. It was a little difficult to push down, so I think I am going to try a couple of ticks closer to 3. The coffee was good, but not quite as good as it has been with my Virtuoso, so I don't think I have it quite dialed in. I will update once I have some more time to play.

How long are you letting it steep with the lid on? I do 4 minutes. Also, I found doing a 30 second bloom with just enough water to cover the coffee helps the flavor.

SAB (original poster)

#3: Post by SAB (original poster) »

I've actually been grinding finer and shortening the extraction time. Granted, I'm only doing this occasionally, as this is my travel set up. But Im leaning toward a couple of notches under 2R and 3 minutes of steep time, depending on coffee.

Unrooted

#4: Post by Unrooted »

Do you guys get many fines in your grind with the Lido?

SAB (original poster)

#5: Post by SAB (original poster) replying to Unrooted »

I don't have my Rafino yet to measure with! :D

Cafeneo

#6: Post by Cafeneo »

Unrooted wrote:Do you guys get many fines in your grind with the Lido?
I've used the Lido et for espresso only and have been nicely surprised at the quality of grinds. Look forward to hearing more about people's experience with fp grind