Ceado E37S first impressions, so-called spraying, etc - Page 8

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#71: Post by FotonDrv »

I certainly wish I could get my hands on several of these grinders that are spraying and measure/compare them with mine. Mine has not sprayed but only once in the last year and that was after a thorough cleaning and a reset of the flap. Once set properly I can dose into a PF without a funnel of any kind. A 22g dose.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

nuketopia (original poster)

#72: Post by nuketopia (original poster) »

Depends on the bean, humidity, etc whether it sprays or not. WLL (the distributor) recommends setting the SCC control all the way shut. I found retention and hard clumps to be a problem with that setting.

I did the analysis of the spraying issue. It clumps up on the left side of the exit port of the grind chamber, holds the metal flap door open and the spraying grinds shoot out of the right side. I'd get it intermittently, out of the blue.

Once I did the ARSE mod (or my plastic variation of it) I get no spraying, no hard clumps and low retention.

Advertisement
tegee

#73: Post by tegee »

I've owned mine since early February. It sprayed 2 or 3 times within the first week of use and hasn't sprayed once since.

It's been an absolute dream to work with and love using it. I pull 3-4 daily using a wide variety of beans. Mine does have the upgraded SCC flap and I've had it positioned fully open for months now. No clumps and very even distribution.

I do not clean my grinder and do not plan to any time soon. I simply purge 5-grams each morning prior to use and do not find a reason to mess with success.

Also, I find adjustment to be incredibly easy. I move it to the right or left ever so slightly when changing beans. The only nagging issue I have is trying to dial in the "timed dose". I can not for the life of me time it accurately, however I weight all my doses anyway so I have gotten over that part. My Cimbali is very finicky and needs to be dosed between 19-20 grams. If I grind less I get gushers and if I grind even the slightest bit over 20-grams it clogs (using a VST 22-gram basket).

FWIW

tegwj

#74: Post by tegwj »

Further update on usage. Generally doing 3 doubles per day, no spraying yet. The coarseness adjustment is very effective, as the beans age I can correct for it with only the slightest movement. Total throw on the lever between brand new beans and the last dregs in the hopper is probably less than half a centimeter. But it is fairly consistent that the finer adjustment is needed after 5-6 days. New bag of beans, back to the original setting or else the L1 will choke on a 15.8-16g dose.

Very pleased with it!