What is the best way to order Tim Wendelboe coffees to US? Duty costs?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Travisimo

#1: Post by Travisimo »

Hello everyone,
I have heard from many coffee circles about the amazing roasts from Tim Wendelboe.

I was curious with a few questions:
Q:
1) How Much is it to ship via Air 3-5 day a bag (12oz or 16oz bag) into the U.S.?
2) How much extra usually are the range of custom or duty taxes on imports of specialty coffee such as his?
3) What is the closest roaster in the States that might be similar in nature to his 3rd wave roasts?

I have liked Heart Roasters and Victrola Coffee very much. Yet want to try something different!

Thank you for any inputs guys!

Cheers!

keno

#2: Post by keno »

Tim Wendelboe says they ship internationally on their website, so why not email them and ask about the cost? https://www.timwendelboe.no/shipping-and-terms

I read that Coffee Collective an influential Scandinavian roaster ships overseas:
http://sprudge.com/can-get-coffee-colle ... 63717.html

If you like lighter roasts you could also try Ritual Coffee Roasters in San Fran.

Advertisement
Travisimo (original poster)

#3: Post by Travisimo (original poster) »

Hello Keno,
I will have to take the plunge and check it out!

Much appreciated for the other references. Have heard of Ritual Roasters in San Fran.
Will have to check their style of roast out too!

Thanks again!

Fausto

#4: Post by Fausto »

I ordered his Panama Hacienda la Esmeralda Gesha last year - it's a very rare and expensive coffee (often called the best in the world), roasted by a world champion, shipped halfway across the world. It was something like $60-$75 total. A lot, but less than expected for shipping, it was mostly the coffee.

I had a chance to visit his shop in Oslo last summer. It was great! Also randomly went into Scandinavian Embassy in Amsterdam, which has since received a ton of well deserved press.

Bodka Coffee

#5: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Doesn't Budin in NYC use it? Maybe they'll ship a bag.

skittles_s

#6: Post by skittles_s »

Pour Coffee in Cleveland also stocks it. Perhaps inquire about a resale?

keno

#7: Post by keno »

Fausto wrote:I had a chance to visit his shop in Oslo last summer. It was great! Also randomly went into Scandinavian Embassy in Amsterdam, which has since received a ton of well deserved press.
+1, I also had a chance to go to Scandinavian Embassy in Amsterdam a couple of years ago. Bought a bag of Coffee Collective from them. Also really liked White Label Coffee in Amsterdam, super fruity Kochere - strawberry bomb.

Advertisement
LukeFlynn

#8: Post by LukeFlynn »

keno wrote: If you like lighter roasts you could also try Ritual Coffee Roasters in San Fran.
+1 On Ritual.

I first had their Sweet Tooth Espresso about 6 months ago at a local shop, it was one of the best espressos I've had. I haven't had a chance to try anything on drip, but everything I've had as espresso was nothing short of delicious.

Tim Wendelboe is on my list to try, so I look forward to seeing how difficult/expensive it is to get it here.

Lacoffee

#9: Post by Lacoffee »

I bought two bags. $61 shipped to Los Angeles.
Andrew

Travisimo (original poster)

#10: Post by Travisimo (original poster) replying to Lacoffee »

Thanks for giving my a ball park idea of the shipping costs, etc.

Regards.