Isomac Millenium II vs BFC vs Profitec 700

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
theswede

#1: Post by theswede »

Got the possibility to buy a machine for approximately 570 Euro, last time serviced three years ago. Here comes the questions.

Price point, is it high?
What is a recommendation regarding service intervals?
Is it a big step down compared to for example Giotto Premium. Bcf junior and profitec700 ( yes I know the last one is a db with rotary pump)

Thanks on beforehand for your input

theswede (original poster)

#2: Post by theswede (original poster) »

Also, what kind of problems can I get- it is unknown how old it is

Advertisement
earlgrey_44

#3: Post by earlgrey_44 »

That's not necessarily a bad price, but without knowing the details of the condition, it's not possible to be certain. Does it have a copper boiler? This would mean it's older, and those boilers sometimes don't age well and are expensive to replace.

It can make a coffee as good as the other machines you mention, but is indeed a very big step down, mainly is in ease of use and ease of maintenance.

See this for an idea of what can happen:
Boiler not filling but pump is running
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

#4: Post by theswede (original poster) »

Oh, thanks. It would be version2 which should be ss boiler. I need it to be easy in order for my wife to operate it as well(she would prefer to just press a button)

earlgrey_44

#5: Post by earlgrey_44 »

theswede wrote:Oh, thanks. It would be version2 which should be ss boiler.
Good. Sounds like a reasonable deal if the machine has been reasonably cared for.
theswede wrote:I need it to be easy in order for my wife to operate it as well(she would prefer to just press a button)
It's a lot easier to get a consistent shot from a Profitec than from a simple e-61 HX box like the Millennium, but that may not be your main concern. Any HX machine can be intimidating to someone with limited interest in learning. Just ask my SO... :lol:
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

#6: Post by theswede (original poster) »

Well budget is obviously important. It is more to understand what I let go compared to Giotto or bfc or profitec. E.g. if I spend a little bit more for a more expensive hx (db as of now are probably out of reach due to wife's repriorization)

#7: Post by theswede (original poster) »

I also can get the Expobar pulser (approx 300 shots old) for 370 Euro is that a better buy than the used Millennium II. All thoughts and inputs are welcome.