Grinder project back from hiatus... - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
pnassmac

#81: Post by pnassmac »

What you've produced, thus far, is really stunning and it's clear you have a second-calling in industrial design. It's also clear, at least to me, why the coffee industry needs more "cross-pollination" of ideas across industries that a coffee-aficionado tend to participate it in. In your case, it seems motorsports. Correct?

C6MFG (original poster)

#82: Post by C6MFG (original poster) replying to pnassmac »

Thank you! I think the cross-pollination is a great thing...definitely feels like there are more new ideas and designs coming out recently. Correct, my background is in motorsports...grew up in/around it.

Jason

Downunder55

#83: Post by Downunder55 »

Jason,

What are your thoughts about your grinder being manufactured in saleable quantities, as there seems to be real interest and latent demand for something just like this ?

I know, I am looking for one !

Regards

Barry

C6MFG (original poster)

#84: Post by C6MFG (original poster) replying to Downunder55 »

Barry,

Not sure what kind of qualities you are thinking of...but the first batch of about 8 should be finished soon. Then, if there is enough interest, I would like to release small batches of them...possibly preorders.

Jason

HB
Admin

#85: Post by HB »

C6MFG wrote:Not sure what kind of qualities you are thinking of...but the first batch of about 8 should be finished soon. Then, if there is enough interest, I would like to release small batches of them...possibly preorders.
The site's Terms of use include a reminder that no commercial posts are allowed. Vendor participation in the forums elaborates on this policy. Lately we've been experimenting with relaxing these rules on a case-by-case basis for a short period to enable product innovators to request feedback. The exception only applies to products not in market; once a product is for sale, as would appear to be the case here, the regular "no commercial posts" rules apply. Thanks for your understanding and respect of the forum rules.
Dan Kehn

Downunder55

#86: Post by Downunder55 replying to HB »

Sorry everyone my fault for getting this thread blocked

TomC
Team HB

#87: Post by TomC replying to Downunder55 »

This thread isn't "blocked" or locked. Occasionally, when the site owner wants people to take note of certain issues regarding policy (that keep this forum fair, honest and useful) he'll put a thread in cool-down briefly, so folks don't just glaze over what was recently addressed.

I'm happy to see HB be a place new things can be discussed, but we owe it to the forum body at large to keep things from turning into one big collection of billboards. For what it's worth, I think this grinder is really cool and it'll be interesting to read more about it.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

C6MFG (original poster)

#88: Post by C6MFG (original poster) »

Now that I'm out of Timeout... it's probably a good time to re-clarify the status of my project. I started my grinder project several years ago when I could not find one that met my requirements for a small single dose home grinder. I set out to design something a bit different and decided to make a batch of 8 as proof of concepts/to give to friends and family who are also coffee lovers. The majority of the CNC parts were produced a few years ago but the project was put on hold while I was busy with other work/projects. Recently I decided to force myself to find the time and complete my grinder. Upon re-visiting this website/forum I discovered that during the years I was away, many more options and cool grinder designs have become available. I love seeing the behind the scenes of how things are created so I thought I would break from my norm and share some of my process with the forum...also selfishly as a bit of a motivator to get off my ass and complete the project. Currently the grinder is not complete...still working out the motor enclosure housing/sheet metal. The grinder is not currently for sale and I have yet to decide if I am going to sell them. There have been numerous requests for pricing and or to be put on a list/deposit. I am not willing/comfortable to offer either until I have completed the first batch and am satisfied with their operation. Evidently by mentioning that I possibly would be open to pre-orders in the future (should I decide to sell them) I have crossed the line to becoming a vendor. I will try to post some pictures of the completed grinder on the Marketplace perhaps when it is done...or my Instagram....otherwise I am sure you guys will come across it on the web should I decide to release it. Thanks for everyone's support and kind words.

Jason Anderson

HB
Admin

#89: Post by HB »

C6MFG wrote:The grinder is not currently for sale and I have yet to decide if I am going to sell them. There have been numerous requests for pricing and or to be put on a list/deposit. I am not willing/comfortable to offer either until I have completed the first batch and am satisfied with their operation.
Thanks for the clarification. You're still in the "innovator" stage and you're welcome to share your progress. I posted the clarification above because with the advent of community-funded projects like Kickstarter, some oversight is necessary. Otherwise, as Tom so accurately noted, this site would be reduced to one big collection of billboards.

Good luck with your project, I look forward to the next installment. For those who cannot stop themselves from asking "How do I buy it?", please use PMs. :lol:
Dan Kehn

bostonbuzz

#90: Post by bostonbuzz »

I had a problem on my DIY titan grinder where the set screw for the burr pushed the burr a significant and uncontrolled amount out of alignment when it was tightened. I also used a lathe that must have been a bit out of whack and the tolerances could have been higher. Do you have this problem?
LMWDP #353