Gaggia Gilda Portafilter

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
DucaiMann
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by DucaiMann »

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone had a Gaggia Gilda '54 portafilter lying around that I could either borrow or get some measurements on. I have one on the way from Italy but unfortunately, it did not come with one. I would be happy to compensate you for your time or make one for you as I plan on replicating the original on my lathe.

Thanks in advance.

It is this model
http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Macch ... II_eng.htm

Alan Frew

#2: Post by Alan Frew »

I've got one, what I don't have is a basket to fit. Email me (alanfrew@coffeeco.com.au) and we'll work it out.

Alan

cuppajoe

#3: Post by cuppajoe »

Hi Eric-

Here's how Francesco had portafilter replicated for the Caffomatic. http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Macch ... ro_eng.htm

If you can get an original from Alan, I would do that. The basket size is not too uncommon.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Alan Frew

#4: Post by Alan Frew »

cuppajoe wrote:
If you can get an original from Alan, I would do that. The basket size is not too uncommon.
I wish. 47mm x 21mm baskets seem to be in the "unobtanium" universe.

Alan

DucaiMann (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

I would like to create an exact replica cast. Problem is, I need an original first.

In terms of baskets, I think I am going to figure out how to have those made so I can stop spending $5-$10 on a basket.

cuppajoe

#6: Post by cuppajoe »

I seemed to remember that Francesco sold the same 42mm tamper for the Gilda and the Caravel...

Just checked my Gilda54 double basket. ID is 43mm, OD is 45mm, depth from bottom of lip to bottom is 21.5mm. I happened to have a VAM Caravel sloped double basket on hand and if it was not for the dimples, it would probably fit. Not my basket, so didn't want to hammer on it.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits