La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 flow meter error

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ERB324

#1: Post by ERB324 »

I just picked up a used La Spaziale Vivaldi V1 S1. It seemed to be in good shape except for being a little dirtier than I would have liked. I tested the machine before I purchased and everything worked perfect. I was cleaning the group head tonight and decided to run the machine after to clean up some buildup I removed. For testing purposes I just had the water hose in a 1 gallon Poland Spring bottle. I have a flojet and accumulator on the way. I was running the machine somehow the hose came out of the water for 20 seconds or so. I quickly placed it back in the bottle. After running machine a few minutes later the water flow seemed low and shortly after the damaged flow meter came on. I have the machine turned off now and am not sure what to do. I have looked on this board and S1 Cafe but haven't found anyone with the exact issue. Thanks.

ERB324 (original poster)

#2: Post by ERB324 (original poster) »

I got my flojet today and that fortunately solved my problem. Now I just need order all the replacement parts and I should be all set. The former owner apparently didn't realize they had the ese pod adapter installed.

EspressoMedic

#3: Post by EspressoMedic »

Hey there.

I have been working on an S1 at the moment with the plumbed in pump.

It had a hard life with very hard water, blown elements and now descaled the brew boiler, and now also have flowmeter problems that have blown the 9v AC/DC transformer on the board. Fun

But Is your machine the one with the water tank and the vibrating pump or has it got a plumbed in water line and commercial pump?
If its the latter and have sucked air into the group/brew boiler you might need to open the bleeding nut on the top of the brew boiler to let any air out.

Good luck with it