Used Pasquini Livia 90 with some strange electronics - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BenKeith (original poster)

#31: Post by BenKeith (original poster) »

I'm still using my Semi-Automatic Livia 90 I bought new in 2000 and have never had a problem with it. Doing a 2oz bleed off of the super heated water before each shot, I've always gotten fairly consistent 202 degree brew temps , for up to a 25 sec, 50 gram shot after about a 45 minute warm-up, but I have made a few changes to it. I raised the boiler pressure to almost 1.5 bar (almost touching the red line) and adjusted the brew pressure down to 9.2 bar. I just came across this one, missing parts and needing some work for $200, what I thought was a fair price, but starting to rethink that one. I was thinking it would be a nice upgrade having the flow meter so I could program my shots

BenKeith (original poster)

#32: Post by BenKeith (original poster) »

Getting a lot closer. Postal lady delivered the relay from Digi-Key and I've installed it. Everything on the electrical side seems to be working now. Heats up to about 1.3 bar and pressure stat cycles it on and off, but haven't tried to program or brew with it since I don't have the piece that holds the porta-filter in the brew head. It has a leak at the fitting going into the pressure gauge that won't tighten. You can see someone has messed with it so just gotta let it cool and see what they screwed up.

If anyone hears of a Livia 90 having parts sold off of it, I need the chrome bell that holds the porta-filter on one.

Fixed the leak, now I'm down to needing to find someone with a parts machine wanting to sell the head that holds the Porta-Filter.

I had rather not take the one out of mine Semi-Automatic to test this one so I'm going to give it some time to come up with one.