HG-1 Motorized. - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mymenhir1971 (original poster)

#41: Post by mymenhir1971 (original poster) »

Upload photos of the power supply and the motor,please!!

jedovaty

#42: Post by jedovaty »

The wiper motor is a standard w124 mercedes benz wiper motor, you can see it in the video I posted earlier. I got this power supply:
http://www.amazon.com/Aiposen-Transform ... B01B1PRE60

Good news: 120rpm without loud, and slightly slower when under load. I get ~17g beans ground now in 30s with my 83mm TiN burrs (mine was the first unit with the coated burrs).

Bad news: the power supply has a fan that is very loud. And the motor is much louder than at 12V, too. Both of these combined are about same or louder than the bean grinding noise.

I'm not sure now :? I might return the power supply since I really dislike fan noise (it's a quirk of mine) and just deal with the 60rpm, or, sell and get something pre-motorized. Hmmm.

Advertisement
global_dev

#43: Post by global_dev »

Bikeminded wrote:Yeah, that's my HG1. The youtube vid that I put in this thread shows it. You can search on some of my previous posts about the details. It's built great and inexpensive because they make a ton of them for the standmixers. Ton's of torque.
bikeminded, is this setup still working for you? any changes you would make?

Bikeminded

#44: Post by Bikeminded »

Yes, it's working well. It's gotten daily use since I motorized and haven't needed to do anything to it. I don't think I would change anything. (Maybe had thoughts of making a new motor cover with a curved back, but just for looks.)

Kintin

#45: Post by Kintin »

Going to motorized my hg1. Going with Bikeminded's setup. Thanks for sharing your build and where to order parts, very nice of you! Going to prototype the bracket out of plywood. Mymenhir's style of bracket but with plywood. Wish me luck!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by FotonDrv replying to Kintin »

Good luck with the build :D

Mymenhir's style of bracket sure is nice and that machining of the aluminum is first rate. The LoveJoy couplings is also very nice.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train