Nuova Simonelli Program - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DucaiMann (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3-8-in-x-3-8 ... /202495893

I acutally think this might be it...

Supporter ♡

#12: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

Ok,

With the help of a screw extractor and a bit of heat, the fitting came right out!

Machine is sewn up good and tight. First time firing it up. Everything goes as normal. Pump is running until about half full, heating up.

I noticed that the boiler pressure reading was a solid red even when just turning it on.

I let it warm up and it did not seem to slow down. I realized what was going on when the over pressure valve started releasing steam and a little water.

I am not sure where to start on this one. Should I check the pressurestat? I am not concerned about the screen unless it is necessary to have fixed. I just want to make sure it is sitting at the proper boiler pressure.

Any suggestions? This is new to me.

Cheers!

Advertisement
bluesman

#13: Post by bluesman »

DucaiMann wrote:Ok,

With the help of a screw extractor and a bit of heat, the fitting came right out!
That's the ticket! Glad it worked out. I wish I could help with the pressure problem, but I don't know enough to do so.

David

ira
Team HB

#14: Post by ira »

DucaiMann wrote:Should I check the pressurestat?
That would seem like the first place to start. Looking at the pictures I don't see one and they are usually at a high spot in the machine to try and keep water out.

Ira

Supporter ♡

#15: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) replying to ira »

Ok, so it is hiding under everything. I opened up the cover and the wires and contacts all looked relatively clean.

I also unscrewed the over pressure valve. I could blow air through the seal. That definitely needs to be replaced.

I checked cafeparts and they don't have one with a female that looks anything close to this one. Any suggestions?

My plan of action is to pick up a new boiler safety valve and then turn the pressurestat all the way down and see if it will go off. My only concern is that I cannot test the boiler pressure since the board seems to be faulty. The only thing I can think of doing is hooking up a pressure gauge to the boiler at the safety valve to set the pressurestat.

Supporter ♡

#16: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

Ok,

replaced the seal on the boiler safety valve.

I noticed there was some corrosion on the circuit board for the pressurestat meter and cleaned it off. It worked!...for one cycle. At least I could tell the boiler was only going up to .8 bar.

Then I decided to see what was going on in the control box and I did something wrong. Now, when I go to turn the machine on, the light on the first board will come on, but none of the other boards will work. The contactor switch no longer flips either.

Any ideas on how to diagnose this? I am at a loss...again.

Thanks in advance!!!

Supporter ♡

#17: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

Ok...Tracing wires and I found a loose one.

Going backwards to go forwards!

Next issue...(I have given up on getting the LED to read properly...)

When I put some water through the group, the boiler whines very loudly. Any ideas how to get that to go away? It is extremely loud.

Advertisement
Techy291

#18: Post by Techy291 »

Can you post a video or audio clip so we can hear the sound you are referring to?

Does the sound only occur when water is passed through the group?

Boilers don't have moving parts...is it possible another component is making the whining sound?

Greg

Supporter ♡

#19: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

After searching a bit yesterday, most people were having issues because of the expansion or OPV valve.

I had some silicone plugs lying around and replaced both of them. No noise at all when pulling from either group now. It should also be noted that water will come out of both expansion valves if they are not seated when pulling from one group.

The tricky part is that the noise was not actually coming from the expansion valves but in fact, the tube that runs to the group head.

Last on the list before she is ready to make some espresso is figuring out the LED situation.

When pushing on the back of the board, sometimes I can get the LEDs to flicker which leads me to believe there is a loose connection somewhere. Obviously buying a new board is not realistic. In the pic, the bare board is how the lights stay when not touching anything (The machine is on and warmed up). Pressing on the board in different parts causes all of the leds to light up but at one point, pressing caused it to read the correct boiler pressure.

F3lipe16

#20: Post by F3lipe16 »

Thanks for the information shared here. There are many large companies as BuildDirect, HomeDepot or Lowe's.

But lately appear a new small businesses called http://www.finishbuild.com/.

This new company offer the same products with the same quality but with better prices, to win new customers.

Now is the time to buy in this businesses, before they grow and raise prices.