Getting Quickmill Vetrano 2B, worth upgrading Rocky Rancilio? - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by FotonDrv »

It does look nicer but it is also much higher.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

tegee

#32: Post by tegee replying to FotonDrv »

I agree....the official Ceado short hopper has a lot of curb appeal. I did not know it was 2"+ taller. I would love to have the nicer hopper, but definitely would have posed a problem with my limited height setup. I guess ignorance was bliss when getting the Mazzer short hopper:-).

Thx for sharing the pic.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by FotonDrv »

tegee wrote:I agree....the official Ceado short hopper has a lot of curb appeal. I did not know it was 2"+ taller. I would love to have the nicer hopper, but definitely would have posed a problem with my limited height setup. I guess ignorance was bliss when getting the Mazzer short hopper:-).

Thx for sharing the pic.
Take a Ceado hopper and cut it down so a Mazzer Mini hopper lid fits. I did that with the Kony grinder I had.

Balthazar_B

#34: Post by Balthazar_B replying to FotonDrv »

I've considered doing that with the tall hopper, but haven't been able to find the right lid (I"m not sure the Mazzer lid is optimal for this application). It would need to be about a half inch wider (170 mm) to fit the hopper at its ideal height.

The Compak short hopper would be an interesting solution (it's the right shape), but I believe its throat is significantly narrower than the Ceado and Mazzer.
- John

LMWDP # 577

tegee

#35: Post by tegee replying to Balthazar_B »

The Mazzer short hopper has worked flawless for me. Keeps it at 16 1/2" on height and fits perfectly. Plus comes free with the purchase of the E37S.

KISS.....IMHO. The Ceado short is very nice esthetically, but the extra height is a deal breaker for me. Plus I'm not game for chopping down a standard Ceado hopper only to fit another lip....seems like a lot of work.

Anyway....I remain. And great exchange of information!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by FotonDrv »

tegee wrote:The Mazzer short hopper has worked flawless for me. Keeps it at 16 1/2" on height and fits perfectly. Plus comes free with the purchase of the E37S.

KISS.....IMHO. The Ceado short is very nice esthetically, but the extra height is a deal breaker for me. Plus I'm game for chopping down a standard Ceado hopper only to fit another lip....seems like a lot of work.

Anyway....I remain. And great exchange of information!
+1

sdoxx

#37: Post by sdoxx »

Don Task wrote:Based on the response from "tegee" I'm aware you are now familiar with the SCC and have all the questions answered, but, in the event you end up getting a earlier model of the E37S without the upgraded SCC. > Here's a great video < from WLL showing how to do the SCC upgrade.

Don Task
Hey, thanks Don! Actually, I just bought a Lido E so I am now -$35 in saving for my next grinder (yes, that is negative $35)... but it is a useful video, especially if I buy used. I like the part where Todd explains how to get a screw/flap out if it falls into the grinder - turn upside down and shake. :lol:
Brett