Help with unknown machine model (La Vittoria?)

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Yun

#1: Post by Yun »

Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum, as I couldn't figure out what machine I have.
I work as a waitress and at my work, the machine started leaking. Since they have used it for some years, they were planning to throw it away and buy a new one. I decided to take the machine home and see if it was just a minor fix.
The only experience I have with an espresso machine is serving coffee to our guests in the restaurant and attempting to make some nice micro foam.

Before I dare to do any repairs, I would like to invest some time in the basics. But the big question for now is what brand I have. Or whether a manual exist somewhere,

Can anyone tell me what this big baby is? :)
I could only find the words "La Vittoria"

Thanks in advance!

edit:
Oh and I also don't have any experience with maintenance... And the many topics are overwhelming, I don't know under what words I have to search..
So for moving purposes and to lighten up the load for stairs.. How can you empty the water in the tank?

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

On my commercial 2 group machine there is a valve on a pipe under the drip tray to empty the boiler. It has a connection for a hose so you can direct the water into a bucket. I'd start by removing the drip tray and the cup arming tray so you can see inside.

Ira

cuppajoe

#3: Post by cuppajoe »

Somewhere on the machine should be a badge with the manufacturer, model, volt/watt, and serial number. See if you can find it and post a photo.

Close to this machine - http://www.espressomachinecatalog.com/v ... ca-3g.aspx, tho older. Touchpads look the same as on my '91 Brasilia, and as these are off the shelf they could have been used across several lines.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Yun (original poster)

#4: Post by Yun (original poster) »

I found this under the dripping tray. The valve doesn't do a thing when turned. Does it have to be turned on for it to be able to empty the boiler?
As it is too heavy for me to move it now, I wasn't able to look around for a badge.

(Awh, how I wished my work didn't neglect the machine so much)

It does indeed look like the classica, but it is hard to be sure.

ira
Team HB

#5: Post by ira »

The black handle on the visible valve is closed. Where does the copper pipe connected to it lead to?

Ira

hrvojuliusmeinl

#6: Post by hrvojuliusmeinl »

Dude pay 200$ on reparation and sell it for 500$ minimum...that is my advice:D

Filletfellini

#7: Post by Filletfellini »

Open a steam valve when you open the drain valve.

stuartmac

#8: Post by stuartmac »

pretty sure the valve in the picture is the manual boiler fill valve.

dingdong

#9: Post by dingdong »

Got to be a BFC Gran Doge model: http://www.bfcsrl.it/nostri-prodotti/gran-doge/
Could be rebadged as La Vittoria, from Grimac Royal Falcon? Marc is super friendly and helpful, and I'd recommend sending your pics to them for confirmation: http://www.espressomachinecatalog.com/contact_us.aspx