What would be your ideal lever espresso machine? - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
cuppajoe

#51: Post by cuppajoe »

mathof wrote:While absolute repeatability is an unreachable ideal due to the innumerable variables that influence each shot, near repeatability is necessary to dial in a coffee. Without that you would be completely at sea when determining the best combination of brew temperature, fineness of grind, quantity of dose and liquid in the cup to bring out a flavour from the coffee that you like.

Matt
Guess it depends on your idea of 'near repeatability'. I roast a wide variety of SO's to a range of roasts, and blend post roast for morning capps. Other than the Faemina, the machines I use vary greatly, both lever and pump. I have one electric grinder and three manuals, also subject to rotation.

If near repeatability means that without much fuss I can dose, grind, and brew a decent cup of espresso, then it is achieved. If it means cranking the same-ish tasting stuff out shot after shot, then no. For me, a large part of the enjoyment is being pleasantly surprised with each cup.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

drgary
Team HB

#52: Post by drgary »

My Prestina with PID hits the mark for repeatability and temp control in a home environment. I used it in the last favorite espressos review.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#53: Post by pizzaman383 »

Achieving shot to shot consistency was one of the primary design goals with my FIT dipper lever. The combination of temperature control in temp monitors gives excellent consistent results.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”